Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Ive never grown hydro so I’m no help there.

• Rodney1
    replied
    Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
    If I’m going above 5 gallons I go for a cup to 3 gallon then into the final pot. It really doesn’t matter tbh, just keep the plant healthy although smaller pots = faster growing plants. As far as pot size goes that a decision that needs to be made based on your goal for that grow and the light you’re using. You can grow big plants indoors but you must have the juice to flower them. Im not tooting my own horn here but believe this will be beneficial (whole reason I’m doing it) plus tbh you’re headed towards a headache in my opinion, 3 plants under one 4x4 screen is a pain in the ass to maintain. Any questions just ask

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...rial-with-pics
    Ok, really appreciate the input. Using a 315 LEC with a 4200K bulb in a 5x5 tent, pretty easy access to the screen which will be smaller than the tent.
    My first grow was a few years ago, 2 plants, and I used bubbleponics or whatever it’s called when the roots are totally immersed in water all the time with air bubbling 24/7. Used 5 gallon plastic Home Depot buckets and at the end of the grow the buckets were completely filled up by the roots so I figured I’d go 7 this time with coco.
    Compared to what I’ve seen on the net 3 plants didn’t seem that much but maybe I’ll be sorry once the screen starts to fill in.
    Although one of the plants was a mutant and instead of branching out it grew straight up so I topped it right away to start it branching out so it’s s lot shorter. So maybe it’s more like 2 1/2 plants.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    If I’m going above 5 gallons I go for a cup to 3 gallon then into the final pot. It really doesn’t matter tbh, just keep the plant healthy although smaller pots = faster growing plants. As far as pot size goes that a decision that needs to be made based on your goal for that grow and the light you’re using. You can grow big plants indoors but you must have the juice to flower them. Im not tooting my own horn here but believe this will be beneficial (whole reason I’m doing it) plus tbh you’re headed towards a headache in my opinion, 3 plants under one 4x4 screen is a pain in the ass to maintain. Any questions just ask

I have yet to find a ScrOG tutorial that I 1) agree with and 2) wasn’t a little confused after reading it. There’s one on GWE that’s ok (LBH’s ScrOG tutorial) it starts off really easy to follow until his plant goes under a screen then it gets a little murky from there. As I was doing my second topping this morning it

Leave a comment:

• Rodney1
    replied
    Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
    Dont go under the screen until final pot. Train the plant low and wide, then once into final pot and ready to flip defoliate, place screen and goto 12/12
    So what do you think? Go into a 3 gal, train low, then into 7? Or to 5 then 7? Or to 3, then 5, then 7? Or am I overthinking this?

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Dont go under the screen until final pot. Train the plant low and wide, then once into final pot and ready to flip defoliate, place screen and goto 12/12

Leave a comment:

• Rodney1
    started a topic Scrog Repotting

Scrog Repotting

Plants are about a month old, close to over 8” high so will be starting a scrog in a week or two. Using coco coir.
    Plants currently in 1 gal fabric pots and was going to work up to 7 gal by maybe going to 3 and/or 5 first, but once the scrog weave is underway it’ll be a mess transplanting plus the height of the scrog will be different with every size pot.
    So if I go straight from 1 gal to 7 gal as I’m starting the weave, what problems if any am I going to run into by going to a pot which is larger than it should be, at least at first?
    I have three plants and will use a 4x4 screen.
    Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X