No announcement yet.

Lets Grow Trees 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So close and so far away. Still fighting bugs, hemp borers, grasshoppers, a few bud worms. I have been feeding them a bit, rotating between Epsom Salts, Black Strap Molasses, liquid potash, apple vinegar. Just added 2 gallons of wood ash and some powdered sulfur in each pot to feed those flowers. The temps have finally dropped, nights in the 40'sF and 80's in the day, another chance to not get rain this week. Can you see how the trees are hurting? I need rain, but can we get it near the plants and not on them, LOL

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep looking closer Rwise are some of those seeded? I'm still feeding bloom to mine maybe gave last dose to 1 and keep giving bloom to other 3. Trichs are all cloudy on 3 and the long hauler in the greenhouse tent ain't even close. We may get some rain coming on Monday. All the trees have been loosing leaf do to low ground water, fried some to a crisp. But i'm happy we are pulling it off this year, for Oregon the grows have been very good.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Not seeded, maybe a stray I did find 2 seeds on the wild thing while trimming. I'll have the magnifier out in a bit, the last big blow broke a few limbs (I may remove them) which I tied back in place. We have a chance of rain coming, we need it badly, but without it has been nice not having to fight bud rot! It looks like some of my trees are not going to make it this year, another fall with no colour. One of the growers near me is taking his today, so they dont get wet.

I just took down all but the BB4, 1 of the black domina BB3 crosses was about 80% amber, while its mate was maybe 5%. 1 of the blue dream BB3s was about 30% amber while its mate was about 10%. The (Mp x T1000) x Santa Marta Colombian Gold was near 30% amber as well. With rain coming in (ya right) I just was not willing to risk bud rot on these, the BB4 is just not ready so I'll risk it. I'll leave the rest of wild thing too, I think, I have not been out in the field yet today. The house is starting to smell awesome! Also took down a seeded plant, SMCG x Black Willie.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Sun breaks inbetween rain showers today mine are now 2 days out of the sun/rain under cover. I go and check them wish they were all cloudy but not. By wed suppose to be sunny, found another tiny moth worm is what i'm thinking inside another bud that's really sticky no others seem to have attracted this moth worm? Skinny light brown as thin or thinner than pencil lead. I made him screem ! Man Rwise congrats on getting them to finish good. I'm still holding out on mine cause i want to at least get some amber. Keep crossing your fingers for us in the PNW

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I certainly hope and wish for all y'all to get a bountiful harvest.
      Last edited by Rwise; 09-30-2021, 06:41 AM.

Took down one of my Zookies plants today. Was a fairly small producer, but since it was about 20% amber, I wanted to get one in the drying stage as we're scheduled to get some rain and higher humidity over the next few days. All my others are mostly cloudy (no amber), so the potted ones are going under cover. My 3 in-ground ladies will have to ride it out. I have an old buddy who's been growing outdoors for decades, and he uses a leaf blower on his after every rain. Anybody ever try that?

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      That actually doesn’t sound like such a bad idea. My only concern would be in making sure it doesn’t blow any spores and dirt at the plant, picked up either off the ground or from inside the machine from previous blowing of leaves. A big box fan might be better but it would be less portable and you would need a nearby outlet.

• soonboomer
      soonboomer commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a small battery operated blower that might work. Think I can avoid blowing things from the ground, and I'll blow it out thoroughly before using on the plants. Will post results if we get the predicted rain.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the idea, but I dont blow leaves, the tree put them there and there they stay, unless I need mulch. But a tool to only use in the garden, I could do that.
      Oh ya, sprinkles here this morning.

This Sour Diesel plant could potentially produce the best looking buds I'll have this year. Problem is, it's such a late finishing strain that I don't know if she'll get there. Everything I've read says early November. Last year, we had a major ice storm at the end of October.
    Last edited by soonboomer; 09-28-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Is she in the ground or in a pot? My first legal grow I had plants outside when winter laid down on us, I built a room around them from scrapes, put heat and piss poor lights in, and a fan to move air around. It got me to a finish with them, they were small, not big trees (from bag seed).

Comment

She's in the ground. I've been thinking something along those lines (building a small room or box around it)........she's maybe 4 feet tall and really doing well right now. At least she's only about 20 feet from my back door, so I'll be able to keep an eye on her.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          She is very worth protecting soonboomer i sure would make a bamboo or woodstakes teepee of somesort wrap in sheets of clear plastic. Just have several inches of bottom exposed for air.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          She does need more time, and from the looks worth the effort to finish her.

Yay, a page for trees !

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice trees!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL my hands are sore just for thinking about the trimming LOL you have fun with them trees.

I didn't get much for rain yesterday, a sprinkle to moisten the grass (and raise the RH), they keep saying my area should get 1.5" by Friday. The pond is dry, the spring is going back into the ground before it reaches me, the creek is feed by a city water leak, else its a dry wash.
        Anyone every here the old tail "what happens on the first day of the month will happen 15 or more days that month"? IF that were to be true, and we get rain tomorrow, then 15 days of rain would be a wet fall. Get the covers ready!
        I started digging out the roots yesterday, the plant with 80% amber was near death anyway, its trunk was crispy inside. The last plant to be put in was a (MP x T1000) x Santa Marta Colombian Gold, super root system, no way I could pull it up. The Blue Dream BB3 crosses also had very good root systems, as did the Black Domina x BB3. Tossed all in the burn pile, now IF we can get some rain to get out of the burn ban, so I can kill whatever bugs may be hiding in those roots and stems..
        Last edited by Rwise; 09-30-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Well the storm came through here at 70 MPH with heavy rain for a few minutes, then the temp dropped into the 60's and lite rain for a few hours. I got maybe 3/4", a little disappointing but needed. Whats left out there had no damage, even though leaves were falling sideways.

Comment

Love a good storm, what doesn’t kill them makes them stronger...

Comment

Definitely a cold wet one. My white hairs started showing color overnight. I have oct. 10 on the calendar, but I’m hoping she makes it to the full moon Oct. 20. Love harvesting under a full moon...

Comment

1.5 plants still out, the Bruce Banner F4 was not ready, still not but getting phater, wild thing recovering from chop chop after being blown over. This year has been a good year (can we say good year without copy right violations?), many jars of very nice hard buds put up, and that should increase when this BB4 finishes. I just cant take it down to early, if I loose some of it so be it, but it stays until those buds are hard or else. Wild thing may be close to ready, I pulled off a dead limb, and put a bud in the pipe, nice, damn nice, I may just have to plant those 2 seeds I got from her!
                I think the field will look dif come spring, I mean since Mother Nature showed me up, I think I will put some good seed there next year. I am having a bit of a hard time thinking this plant did so much better than what I worked my ass off on, carried water to, PHed everything, feed nutes etc. and my bestest plant I did not a damn thing, drop the seeds on the ground and kick dirt over them, chop the males and harvest buds.
                Here it has been dry, very much behind on rains, the temps are above normal by 20*F, they are telling us rain is coming but it has mostly bypassed me.

Comment

• soonboomer
                  soonboomer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We've got rain and strong winds headed our way tonight. I've got a couple of plants that I'm going to take a few branches from today. Top colas about 30% amber but bottom branches not quite ready yet. Good Luck!

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got lite rain and strong winds, NE of me got hit, baseball size hail, tornado, hope everyone is ok!

• soonboomer
                  soonboomer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We got really hard rain for about an hour and heavy winds. Had one branch broken on my Sour Diesel plant (think I repaired it this morning), and no other casualties. Glad I took several big colas off a couple of my plants, or it could have gotten nasty. More harvesting in line for today.

No crazy weather here, just cool-ish with a bit of rain every couple days. Unfortunately that meant I had to snip the top of one of my 2 large plants as well as 4 or 5 smaller groups of buds due to bud rot. I think I have caught it all but that sort of thing is hard to stop once it starts so I may be doing some emergency harvesting in the coming days if I see any more rot (and I really hope the main cola on my 12 footer doesn’t get it!)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes my GG#4 got tiny spots on it of bud rot but i'm just plucking it out. It's down in the low 30's at my place overnight, still trying to get them done there sitting in 50f sunshine right now LOL. I see fields of hemp or ? still hanging on. Really pretty purpling in the leaf.

• DeadlyFruit
                  DeadlyFruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yikes, your weather is cooler than ours. I think we have mostly been mid 40s f at night And mid to high 60s f during the day. I am just about in the window - an odd amber or two so I could harvest but hoping for more ambers first. Will see what the weather does to my bud rot situation and make the call.

Love the purple leaves, they really have the top shelf look!

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crazy weather here, chilly last night warm and raining this morning, once this moves out in a few days the temps drop and the air dries. Simply perfect for bud rot!

Wild Thing was chopped yesterday, it had been frosted on the last 2 mornings and was showing it. Frost at 47*F, WTF! Ok the area many many moons ago was a glacier, it ended in this spot, and is always 5* cooler than the rest of the property, which is 5* cooler than TIA (where the official reading comes from) if there is no wind.
                This leaves only the Bruce Banner F4, hoping for a tad of purple on her, so far no go. She was also the first seed sprouted, and taking the longest to finish.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL i'm down to 1 Bubba Kush in the unheated green house tent outdoors. I look at her every few days and weep because she's in limbo she would of been a 1lb producer by the looks of her but she went way to long before flowering she just grew oh well guess we'll see how her genetics take to cold an wet now. So yes i'm in the same boat as you Rwise i don't see this one of mine going anywhere but into the pasture for the animals.

You got one fine harvest going there.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Harvest is certainly better than last years, though I filled more jars last year, this years buds are harder.
                  Now remember to dry it before jarring it so we dont end up with brown buds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X