'Grow' app - anyone use one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Grow' app - anyone use one?

I'm a newbie grower. Fun hobby for sure. I keep notes of my plants on my phone. Found an app called "Grow with Jane". It was free so got it on the phone as well. Seems to be a bit more in depth as to daily care of my plants (watering, trimming, food etc). Can't seem to find out any information on it though. This one is free - is there a paid version? Are there any benefits of a paid version? So far it works well and I like it. Anyone use this (or another)???
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

I downloaded it, looked at it, and never opened it again. I'm not really one to keep a journal or anything like that though. There are a couple people here who I believe use or have used it, maybe they'll give you a little input. May take a little while, but they'll pop up eventually.

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I can see by the number of posts you have made you don't need help or an app to see what works. I'm pretty sure by now you got this growing bit under control. I'm new - will take all the help I can get.

Thanks for the reply. Happy growing!

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not that I don't ever need help, it just happens less often now. I'm still learning every single grow. I say if the app works for you, then definitely use it. Most I've seen that do keep a grow journal use a more traditional method like a pen and notebook, or they keep a file on the computer. The main reason I didn't use it is because I didn't know the start date of my grow at the time, and then I forgot about it. It definitely gets easier as you go, but you can still have problems come up that you'll need help with. I've been doing this a few years now but I still read through the new posts to educate myself more to be able to help others. Anyway, from what I did see I could tell it's a pretty good tool for keeping a detailed log of the entire grow. And you can always refer back to it if you grow the same strain again for nutrient needs, heat/cold sensitivities, water and light requirements, etc. I mostly try and keep mental notes of what I've done, but that's not as reliable as writing it down. I may try and get it figured out when I start a new grow (hopefully this week), that way I can keep a more accurate log from start to finish. Happy growing!

Following as I'm very interested as well. Just started my first grow and I've been keeping a grow journal in the notes app on my macbook. Grow with Jane looks interesting but I'd prefer something I can install on the mac so I can use a keyboard.
    Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
    DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
    Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
    Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
    2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you looked at the grow diaries website?

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Understood. I have given my Mac up years ago and just use a tablet and phone. I'm gonna start 4 plants outside in the next couple of weeks. Pretty easy to control the grow inside the tent - probably a bit more of a challenge outside. I'm thinking that keeping detailed records may be helpful. One day I'll get to the point where I'm no longer a newbie...

• Dannyboy58
      Dannyboy58 commented
      Editing a comment
      Catfish22 I have. Interesting, but not really looking for another social platform for it. Just some kind of journal app on my mac.

I tend to post weekly on a thread for each grow (just after feedings, usually) to help me keep track of what I did and what the plants were doing and what I was thinking at that moment. It's not always all that entertaining for the rest, but it has helped me figure out what happened after something goes south a few times.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X