Bug ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Bug ID?

Thurs am, two hours sleep, eyes still half open I let the dogs out and checked the Closet of Blue Lights. Last plant, the twin, I ran into a big bug. I don't do bug or snakes well though I've had to learn to conquer Wolf spiders bc of where I live. I only got a blue light zoomed photo, I captured it with a yellow sticky pads then stuck its back to a pad. It was still in same position, no leg movement, Thurs night until I added water to my wicking basins then it was gone. I saw the same exact bug last year in my kitchen where I hung a sticky on the light cage over the kitchen sink bc bugs get in at night when the pugs go out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BugBlue.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	513774Click image for larger version

Name:	BugYellowPad.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	513775
    The screens on the crank out windows over my sink make better drying racks than bug screens. I had taken a pic, just scrolled through a year of Google photos, can't find it. I can only attach two mediocre recent pics. I was thinking that the warmer room and closet lights (24/0) might have lured it back there. Last grow I only had some gnats, sticky pads and perlite kept them at bay.

Two of my 3 autos will have been in pots 4 weeks tomorrow/Saturday, still give just pH'd water from a solo cup? The pots are light, ready for a watering. I'm still getting over the bug trauma, pics of plants tomorrow. Thanks.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Brown Marmolated Stink Bug. BMSB https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...lems/stink-bug
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for pointing that out, Rwise, I had wondered about Neem oil use after seeing it in this article and posts by others. I use the stuff in my orchard, but only before leaves emerge. So I was curious why some thought it was safe.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've read enough in these forums to know I wasn't using that stuff.

• Cali
      Cali commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I use Neem cake in my soil mix and also make teas and foliage spray during veg. I also sprinkle a bit when I see fungus gnats or anything that should t be on my soil. Great thing about Neem is it kills the bad guys and miraculously leaves the good ones alone. A lot of people have bad experience with Neem and it’s almost user error every time. When people post oh I had a bad reaction to Neem I ask how did you use it and they reply I sprayed it on my flowers and then smoked them lol. I just took a plant outside to die because it had thrips and hermied on me. I rather loose bud than spray anything on my flowers that are supposed to be medicine. Reason why I stopped going to dispensary. If you rely on this forum to get info on Neem you will get scared but if you pay attention it’s not being used properly, another thing is the quality of the Neem. It’s widely used in India. There are more research papers proving that if used properly it’s not bad. There were some papers going around saying it causes CHS I believe? But it’s crazy that now that’s a thing when most of have been smoking Neem spared bud for a long time. They have been bottling Azidirachtin misspelled that for sure and that lol. Anyways no surprise that now that people are sourcing Neem way cheaper it’s an issue. Maybe it’s the magical bottle and mostly water that was the savior lol.

I'm not in denial ... these bugs have those kind of legs but the backs are more grey with kind of a design, like stripes. My plants are young, I inspect them every day. I planned to rearrange a little over the weekend, vacuum again, put some DE in the closet carpet, under the plastic covering, and at the door entrance. Did that last time. But everything was new this time, and totally wiped down, vacuumed, etc. This is bumming me out now. Any advice is welcome, I'm going to bed.

Comment

It does resemble a stink bug, here it would be a dead bug.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it was, it might be. Last year when one stuck its legs to a yellow pad it never moved again. This one's back was stuck and its legs weren't moving. When I feel better later I'll inspect for a corpse. I have a photographic type of memory, they were the same bug.

I just call em stink bugs. I think they would be more of a worry to an outdoor grower as I had a fig bush that they would swarm once in a while.

We have one get in the house every once in a while by accident but I've never had them reproduce or anything.
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I thought. Only thing with my plants today is they need watering and I'm thinking they need something else, intro to some nutes.

This is the plant that the cat chowed on today. Hopefully he ate anything bad but I don't want him turning into a family of stink bugs.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X