Harvest Day Blues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Day Blues...

Whew it's finished...Yeah right!! Now the hard part..waiting for dry and cure! I Thank You to all here who's help made it possible. I am rather proud of this grow's yield over all and did it with few problems. 3 from seed and 1 clone ILGM Critical Mass Photo sprouted 12/13 20 so about 125 days. It's a short bushy plant but I did a 2x6 manifiold on each from seed and FIM only on the clone at node 5. All branches grew 6" colas plus more large bottom buds. The yield of the clone was barely half that of the 3 from seed! I may try that more but I think it's obvious to me that seeds do better than clones.

I'm guessing about an oz total in the jars so maybe 6 more from the 3 others. I'm not overwhelmed but not disappointed either. I know I can do better.

My issue right now is RH as it is very dry here in N AZ mountains. Full blast on my humidifier and soaked cloth planter pots and wet towels. Best I can get is 43% with no circulation going. I want it at 60% so I'll try something else tomorrow.

image widget
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Drying with the leaves on helps when the humidity is low

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bboyfromwayback , most of the leaves were already gone, dried up and fell off, Pic #5 is 2 days before and what was left was all yellow and drying so trim was a breeze, Took me about 3 hours for all. My Boveda packs come today with small RH detectors in each jar so drying and curing can be simple to monitor.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea sometimes they don’t leave you a choice lol it does make trimming more enjoyable 👍🏻 In this scenario I’d do what Farmbuck mentioned and put them in a jar with a Boveda 62. Some people like the 58 but I prefer my weed a little more moist, doobies burn much slower and the smoke isn’t as harsh

@TOKABIGONE Congratulation sir you earn it. As for your humidity... Well I can't help you unless you want the cold from the Great White North eh !! Me too I had an issue while drying mine. My HR in the room was 39% so after 5 days some were drying faster than others especially the Kali China. Now they are all tuck in in their jar with a 62 Boveda pack.

Cheers,

FarmBuck
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      No Farmbuck, Thank You! You were my main inspiration through my whole grow. Always a helping hand or suggestion is appreciated! All here have been terrific!

I was surprised to find that environment control was the biggest challenge I faced for attempting perfection in my grow. RH control is the hardest of all to control. I did well through veg at 55% and 40% through flower. Now my problem is it is very low RH out and they are drying too fast. Always something until you smoke it...

A tent would do wonders for humidity in N AZ. I live in southern AZ and use tents. I can get any humidity I desire just by humidifier and exhaust fan for when it gets to high. Congrats

Comment

Living in the American South East environment is always my issue. I get 3-4 months if a easy grow a year if I’m lucky but then harvesting with low humidity is the issue the when the environment handles itself. Been running my humidifier in my grow room on ultra dry the last 2wks just too keep tent humidity under 55 and now I’m running a humidifier and portable ac together. I think growing out west would be a breeze lol

Comment

I've always dried in 30-35% RH too. Never really seemed to be an issue though. I leave a lot of stem & dry in paper bags hung outside the tents with space between them for airflow. When they get kinda dry, jar em up with a mini hydrogemer & when it climbs to 70-75% - back in the bag & again n again till they hold steady at 62. Burp every day & watch the humidity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X