No announcement yet.

Another Newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 of flower in the books, and a close examination of the Girls today made me so happy I could spit... Seeing the first few amber'ish pistils on Bella... I've pulled nutes to 1/2, and will continue that for the next week... then shifting to water+molasses after that for the two blueberries.... Marjorie is a little slower... more stately, I like to believe...but I can already tell that she's going to be a fine producer... and have to believe that the end result will be worth the wait and extra effort. I believe the next round will be two blue dreams, and will work very hard to go for max results, now that I think I have at least a very basic feel for how this all works...
    Current Project - 1 Kali Mist (Kali), 1 Northern Lights (Jeaneau) and 1 Pineapple Express (Pennsyltucky)
    Growing all in CocoCoir (2/3 CoCo:1/3 Perlite)
    Dyna Grow and Bloom Nutrients with CalMag in 6.0pH
    Tent 1 - 4x4x6' with 1 Viparspectra XS4000
    Tent 2 - 2x4x5' with 2 each KingLED 1000 (growing Ghost Peppers! 🌶)
    6x18" Filter w/ 6" 390CFM fan to exhaust, 4" 190CFM Inlet
    Typical Temps 72-82F, RH 20-35%

Comment

Some differences starting to show between Bella and Beatrix - the two Blueberries... Bella has what are ( so far, anyway ) smaller buds, but the pistils are turning amber fairly quickly, and probably at 30-40%.... Beatrix has bigger buds, but no ambers yet... Strange that two plants of the same age and environment be that different? We’re only in week 6 after 12/12..
    Current Project - 1 Kali Mist (Kali), 1 Northern Lights (Jeaneau) and 1 Pineapple Express (Pennsyltucky)

Comment

So coming up on the end of Week 6 of 12/12... a good 50% of Bella’s pistils are amber, and the trichomes are cloudy, but havent seen amber tric’s yet. Beatrix are “frosty” (now i understand that phrase!) but not much as far as amber pistils yet.. seeing that maintaining four strict colas on Beatrix is producing bigger, more defined buds than the 4++ on Bella.. quadlined, but didnt defoliate quite as heavy on Bella... Marjorie has just a few amber pistils, but they’re starting to fill out nicely.... have moved B&B to 1tsp bs molasses with no other nutes... thinking I’m now within 2weeks of harvest for them...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't it strange how 2 seeds can be so different. Here's where packaging and perhaps a different lot of same strain just got pushed into that seed pouch? Like GG#4 some are more purple some are just green buds, " who's your daddy?" did it get different pollen also? OK sorry for the blabber, great job VBBassBlue enjoy the smells and keep patient good weed will reward you

• VBBassBlue
        VBBassBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s indeed very strange, SoOrbudgal ... very strange how two different seeds can be so... well... different. But i’m startin to feel like i’m coming into the homestretch, so whatever happens, i’m enjoying the ride! And found out that my son’s girlfriend is an afficianado, so at least i have someone to help me get set up on the post-harvest/cure equipment!! And as always, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Seeing the first amber trichomes on Bella! She will be chopped this weekend... Beatrix and Marjorie have some time to go yet, so will use Bella as a dry run on chopping and trimming... will wet trim using the new bowl trimmer, dry using the mesh drying rack, and weigh out the wet bud at 100g, and dry until it becomes 25-30g... and at that point, the burping/curing begins. I have the Boveda 62 packs, Qt size Ball jars and mini hygrometers waiting! It’s like Christmas morning!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice...good luck! You'll learn a lot trimming for the first time.

• VBBassBlue
        VBBassBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, JeffInCanada ... what a cool hobby this has turned out to be...

Tomorrow is chop day for at least the 2 blueberries... sending the wife out on a shopping trip, as she’s not a fan of that sweet, sweet scent... Sunny and 82 tomorrow, so i may just take them outside to do the deed, though will have to bring them back in anyway to place in the mesh drying rack....
      Marjorie is showing a good 50-60% amber pistil right now, so I’ll take a look at the trichomes in the morning and make a decision based on that... supposed to be a longer flower period than the two blueberries, but i want to stay in the cerebral sativa side with her, so will go with what i see... could use the room in the tent for drying anyway.... woohoo!!

Comment

I felt like i was losing three best buddies today, but the girls are chopped.
        I feel like it wasn’t a bad result for the very first grow, but i know that it can be done better. I’ve learned a ton in the past few months, and i think i can put that knowledge to good use in Round 2.
        Trimmed all of the girls with the 19” bowl trimmer in about an hour.

Beatrix had by far the bigger buds, but was a strict quadline, so only 4 colas... 113g total wet weight.
        Bella had more buds, but not quite as large. She was quadlined, but had some stray colas i allowed to grow up through the middle of the plant.... 148g total wet weight.
        Marjorie was smaller than i had planned, but i think there are a few reasons for that, and i intend to put my new “learnin’s” to good yse and get 2 BlueDream monsters next round... 110g total wet weight.
        so all in all, a good grow for a first shot. I figure if i lose 70% weght once dried, i should have about 3.8 oz total. I’ll take it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X