How to get the diatomaceous earth off my plant leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get the diatomaceous earth off my plant leafs

How do I get the diatomaceous earth off my plant leafs it looks like I have powder mildew and I don’t can someone please help me make my girls look beautiful again
    the video is before I put the diatomaceous earth on them and now they look like powder mildew on them
    Last edited by Jay1245; 05-02-2021, 07:54 PM.

I don't see DE. Did you spray DE on the plant? If "yes", DE doesn't matter. No big deal in veg state. It will stick to sticky buds though.

Comment

• Jay1245
      Jay1245 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why can’t I get it off my leafs

Anyone got any advice

Comment

I spayed it all over my plants but now it won’t get off my leafs and my plants look like they have powder mildew on them like my plants look amazing before I put the diatomaceous earth stuff on them

Comment

There's no DE on your plant. Those white marks on the leaves look like dried nutrient solution. The white particles you see on soil surface are either perlite or vermiculite.

Comment

• Jay1245
          Jay1245 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got the diatomaceous earth of the top of my soil and clean my tent up that’s why there is no diatomaceous earth stuff in my pots I sprayed it in to the soil cuz I don’t have any more gnats so I flushed it through the soil lol

• Jay1245
          Jay1245 commented
          Editing a comment
          No bro I just flushed the diatomaceous earth stuff through my plants bro I’m not that stupid frfr I sent you a private message

Peter private message me I’m still learning how to use this chat stuff on here

Comment

Ok well I will be waiting for a message I apologize for not knowing how to use this app or website I’m sorry I don’t like to sound rude or anything I just don’t know how to use this site yet

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
          PeterMatanzas commented
          Editing a comment
          that's ok, I didn't know about the Notifications here until I saw the highlighted text and realized I've been ignoring people.

LOL yeah I’m still trying to figure this chat and comments stuff I’m just trying to help my plants I didn’t have any spots the I just watered them nice drench but not crazy with it but a good spray down and lights was off so not water burns or anything I wake up the next day and there is white spots all over my plants so I say ok spray them again and just left the lights off for 20 minutes with the tent open and the stuff won’t come off the leafs and it’s really frustrating when you know you didn’t have any thing going on other than the gnats and now this white spots all over after I have sprayed my plants 4 or 5 time in 2 days

Comment

See I put the diatomaceous earth stuff on and
          Attached Files

Comment

What do I need to do any help
            Attached Files

Comment

That looks like just water spots from watering your plants, left over minerals from your water. Next time you water, gently wipe your leaves and those spots should be gone when it dries.

Comment

• Jay1245
                Jay1245 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I have tried that a few times already and the dang spots come right back after it dries like I’m so frustrated cuz I had no problems then gnats got the stuff for them got rid of them try to clean my plants and make them look good and I can not get them to go away and I didn’t have any spots before I put that’s gnat stuff on them and just really don’t know what else to do if anyone has any advice I could really use some and if I have tried it already I’ll be happy to let you know so maybe we can come up with anything else cuz I’m starting to get the feeling I’m just shit out of luck and not waste my time and that’s time lost just sucks but any help is wanted

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                If it's not coming off then I wouldn't worry about it. It's purely cosmetic anyway and the new growth won't have it on there. Just keep it growing and if you start to notice any other issues, come back and we'll be happy to help.

Like I don’t know what it is I spay them down and the spots just come back is it powder mildew I’m so confused right now and my plants look as if I still have the diatomaceous earth stuff on them it won’t go away I’m really frustrated cuz I Didn’t have any problems before I used this product I’m not saying it has anything to do with it but just a little disappointed with this situation I am in cuz I don’t know what to do I’m so confused right now

Comment

I already answered that, just let it grow. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse let us know.

Comment

• Jay1245
                  Jay1245 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just posted new pictures of them they don’t look good

Like what is going on I’m so confused right now and I don’t know what to do this really really really sucks they was doing so good any advice
                Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen DE sprayed all over a plant deliberately. Sometimes I’ll apply it to dry surface soil but that takes care because the DE is so fine there could be a dust storm of it.

Is that food grade diatomaceous earth?

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
                    PeterMatanzas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If that plant recovers call it a miracle.

• Jay1245
                    Jay1245 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah y was I not Supposed to get food grade

• PeterMatanzas
                    PeterMatanzas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SMH and sigh in resignation

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X