Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    most excellent read. Thank you for sharing.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    This is great...thanks for posting!!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for this article Mr.furley i did read it . For myself i feel better knowing this. I just wonder with the big push at production grows (indoors only is what i'm meaning) do some of those use chemicals that are not made for human consumption but are used to increase growth faster, like steriods on farm animals?

I have use both synthetic and organic i find it hard not to give a few final drinks of clear clean water & molasses. And i don't think for me this habit will change. We never use nothing but cow poo or fish carcusses when we did inground grows many years ago, mixed it in the soil spot in the fall then turned it over few times when planting time came. Nothing else ever given but plain old creek water.

• Mr.furley
    replied

Leave a comment:

• welshweed
    replied
    As it says on the packet...

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Are you sure they’re autos? I don’t grow them but after 6 weeks you shouldn’t be seeing a lot of bud by now..

Leave a comment:

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    There is *NO* scientific evidence that flushing improves cure. Maybe it does. Nobody knows.

Leave a comment:

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    oh hell, when I started grows I would take a plant into the kitchen and run the tap water thru the pot until I was tired of it. Then I'd add gallons of pH 6.3 , the number of gallons depending on pot size. Plants weren't bothered at all.

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    I usually don't flush either.

• billyboy
    replied
    My personal preference is to switch to 1- 2 tbsp/gal unsulphured molasses (here is a good one IMHO) with water I pH down to around 6.0. I also hit it with a bit of CalMag. And IF the there is a lot of yellowing I will add a tiny bit of something with N in it. I find it lets me prolong the finish so they eat up all the other nutes.

Since doing this, the ash in the bowl is much more white and there is a more complete burn of the flower. And as others have said - cuts significantly down on the harsh. I have never found that there is any "couchlock", myself, from letting it go longer. I find that the difference is that the flowers of the strain get an opportunity to more fully express themselves.

Part of the art of the grow is in predicting when the time to start this phase of feeding/watering. IMO it is around two weeks from harvest, maybe even a bit earlier, which is probably why my own experience teaches me to add a touch of CalMag and N. But I will say starting earlier and letting them "finish", even if you start early, produces a superior cured smoke than feeding too much too deep into the harvest window.

Once you get a few grows under your belt you will see it.

Leave a comment:

• welshweed
    replied
    Yeah Larry1 - re the stretchiness - the die was cast a few weeks back when I had lights positioned too far away. They've kind of settled down since I lowered the lights.
    Entering their 7th week now, and I thought they might be looking a bit more "buddy" than this, especially the purple auto. But they seem healthy enough overall.

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Fair point. I suppose then what I do is a low speed flush, with smaller amounts of plain water stripping nutrients over time. That works better for me as I don’t tend to harvest all at once.

• Larry1
    replied
    welshweed Nice looking girls. Your node spacing looks a little stretched. How far away is your light from the top of the canopy?

Leave a comment:

• welshweed
    replied
    A bit diffident about posting my pics, SoOrbudgal but here goes...
    First is Blodwyn -blueberry auto
    2nd is Prunella - purple auto. You can see I've experimented with a bit of LST on her.
    I nipped the tops off both about a week ago and started to give low nitrogen feed a few days ago.
    Currently on a 20/4 light schedule, plus I open the skylight during the day for extra (northern) light.
    Last edited by welshweed; 05-01-2021, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Post a pic of them welshweed we'd like to see your progress.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X