Should I be worried??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried??

Hi everyone. I have been doing a little bit of super cropping this morning(Aussie time) on some middle stemmy branches to get more light to the lower buds and neighboring branches. I noticed that the underneath of the Gelato OG leaves are changing color but not the top of the leaves. Should I be worried about this? Or could it have something to do with the strain or genetics? Plants look healthy to me..
    Attached Files
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

The color is normal and welcome. You're defoliating now, not really super cropping, correct?

EDIT: here's a Golosa by Sweet Seeds. You'll see tons of colors, sometimes very unexpected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	952.1 KB ID:	510404Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	830.4 KB ID:	510403
    Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 04-24-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
      newbutoldgrower75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply mate. The coloring is only happening on the underneath of the leaf, top of leaf is still green, is that normal? Never seen it before, first time growing Gelato og as well. I'm pinching the stems and leaning the buds over on the middle stemmy branches to get more light to the lower shaded buds. Super cropping I think its called. Really nice looking buds by the way, love the colors

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, your grows colors are normal and one of my grows shows the same behavior now. The upper side of the leaf will get color as she ages. Gelato heritage with parents Sherbet and GSC, and Durban, you will get colors, sometimes unique (i.e., you could grow out 3 seeds and one is green but another is purple)

Ok how old is she ? In flowering (wks) that is. And yes... what are you feeding her in nutrients ?
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-24-2021, 09:23 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
      Editing a comment
      Hey buddy. She is 2 days into her 5th week of 12\12 lighting. I will post the feeding chart below that I am sort of following..keeping Ec at around 1.8 and Ph is around 6.2

Feeding Chart..
    Attached Files

Comment

From what I see she's frosting well. So far I don't see any issues. Into 5 weeks in flowering she looks really nice mate.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        The girls are starting to frost up well, especially the Gelato OG. I'm thinking I might be starting to have a couple of issues with foxtailing, will post a pic below shortly. Thanks for the compliment mate, I'm really happy with the result so far

Just something to think about here. 2 kinds of chlorophyll, plus the other pigments (carotenoids). (The other pigments gather energy and send it to the chlorophylls.)

You have flipped to 12/12 and the plant thinks it's winter so its prepares by leaf senescence. During leaf senescence we see fall colors. The green color begins to fade. The carotenoid pigments are present, break down more slowly, and now take stage.

During senescence these plants are producing anthocyanins, a red pigment, inside the leaves. Welcome the color.

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me, truly appreciate it. I know I still have a lot to learn about this great plant to get to the level of growing I desire to be at. Cheers

I noticed this starting to happen to one of the buds on the side of one of the Gelato OG plants..foxtail? I could be being paranoid as I did get some foxtailing towards the end of my last grow, Incredible bulk. Not sure if I should have made another post for this, but thought I would try here first. Cheers.

PS I got my hair off the bud..bloody sticky things haha
      Attached Files

Comment

What is this obsession with foxtail !!! Tell me. There are the good and there are the bad. Come on mate foxtail ain't that bad !!

Like I said in the past she is really frosting! Pics are kool also friend.
        Full auto grow

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Look our weather are totally different from each others so yes your foxtail is a bit worrisome compare to mine growing from inside. Remember I live in the "Great White North" eh ! So true you guys are switching season, spring has being kinda bit cold here in Québec. Look I ain't complaining at least the snow is gone loll. But one good thing about our spring season it's Canadian lobster season !! A good wine, a top shelf weed (you'r own grow weed of couse) and a lobster feast c'est ça le paradis mon ami, non ?

newbutoldgrower75 Yeah you are right about temp in C. The reason why I keep the "grow room" at 25C at least I have control to the environment.... If I fu..-up well it's my fault.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-26-2021, 08:55 PM.

• newbutoldgrower75
          Editing a comment
          The weather here is crazy, Victoria has always been known to get 4 seasons in one day. We actually got snow a couple of weeks ago, we are in Autumn, then two days later it was 28C. The weather here is becoming very unpredictable unfortunately, one of the reasons I now grow inside. Lobster, wine/French champagne and homegrown top shelf bud .. definitely sounds like paradise to me my friend🙂.

I usually try to keep the tent around 25C, keep both sides of the tent happy, LED and HPS. But when you have a roommate who really feels the cold, it can get a bit hard to maintain the right temperature occasionally. I have now closed the ducted heating vent in the room the tent is in for now to help prevent it happening in the future. But I also discovered yesterday that my LED lights were too close together, they were only 20cm apart instead of 10cm apart. I'm guessing that could have contributed to the foxtails, now visible on two buds near each other, as well as the high heat that occurred a couple of times. So I can really only blame myself for it happening .. and my medication and roommate a little lol

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well don't send your roommate here. He would probably die from cold lolll. I woke up this morning with a nice 6C and wife refuse to turn on the heat loll

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X