No announcement yet.

Do you weigh your harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I asked, I never even thought about the legal amount I’m allowed to store. Turns out in Missouri it’s 8 oz. Staying legal is of the utmost importance to me, got a family. Glad I asked!

Comment

Anyone from ILL-inois know how much we can have in inventory? Med card holders can grow 5 plants at a time, I've read the rules but never saw anything about possession limits. I weighed mine after drying while jarring to cure. I smoked a lot during two months of The Shining here In January/February, need to get my jars in order, marked and put aside. My pantry wants its shelf back.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here - I can’t find a hard limit where I am. I wonder if that is related to their ability to enforce the law.

My feeling is why put a limit on something that can legally be produced. There isn’t a law that says there can be only 80 ounces of spirits in a home or you are only allowed to brew only 10 gallons of beer, so why bother with a hard limit on weed storage. One good harvest could bump you over, but there are laws limiting how much you can give away so your only legal recourse is to dispose of the excess, which is crazy.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, that was a rant. 🙂

Not any more unless it's for someone else. Sometimes I get curious on how much a single bud weighs, but otherwise I don't usually weigh my own weed. Not sure what the amount of weed is that I can have, but I know I'm a little over my plant limit anyway so either way I'd be in a little trouble. Probably just a slap on the wrist and a few plants lost, but it would still suck.

Comment

For me well it's improving the quality of my product. Is it cost effective for me ? Naww not really !! Oh yes knowing your strain it's like having an insurance... if the grow don't go as planned ... So having some knowledge of growing in the past the "Kali" ... Yeah they came on top of the Mazar well for me anyway !! Non ?
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-17-2021, 09:42 PM.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I measure so I can plan my rationing to insure I don’t run out before the next harvest and to insure I’m legal

Comment

Interesting Question, Interesting Answers!

I'll hoist the banner for the chronic OCD Nerd crowd.

I keep a detailed log book for every grow, hundreds of photos and the crucial weigh in as every harvest goes into the jars after drying & final trim. I judge success as getting the most out of each grow since each one is different, but dried weight is the common denominator.

Too many years as a professional Lab Rat to change my spots at this late date I reckon.
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m with you on that. There needs to be quantification to provide justification for all the work and costs involved. 😁

I used to, anymore I don’t. I know a regular mason jar holds close to an ounce cured and a big mason jar hold about 3.

I have to admit, as I read through this post I got a little chill down the spine with legalities mentioned. I mean I get it to a point but I’ve been illegal so long that even if it goes legal in my state I’m growing/storing wtf I want. So this one goes out to all the OG’s out there doin their thang 👍🏻🙏🏻

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              Right! Lol

• UndergroundFarmer
              UndergroundFarmer commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in Missouri too. It takes them so long to process a medical card application that I can't imagine that they have enough staff to enforce grow limits. Still, I try to stay within the limits of plausible deniability in case they come around. I'll be legal to grow for two more patients soon enough once all the red tape is taken care of. 18 each of flowering, "non-flowering" (gray area - some say veg, others say males!) and seedlings is all I can look after anyway without quitting my job!

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              Medical is a different ballgame because you’re registered.

I don't weigh anymore, just ballpark with how many jars I have. Virginia just legalize recreational (July 1st) and like most other states, sets a limit on possession that makes no sense based on number of plants allowed. 4 plants max but only one ounce possession. I get more than that from one plant! Oh well. Guess I just continue to fly under the radar!
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Is prolly a "on your person" limit. We also have a 4 plant per adult limit 8 total and a 1 oz possession limit but a 1lb storage limit.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X