.. New guy here saying Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. New guy here saying Hey

Hey guys...just wanted to introduce my self..and share my set up so far..second grow,first indoor non stealth take my time and be proper grow..
    my set up..
    4x8x7 vivosun
    2 viparspectra 1500's
    1 mars hydro 600
    co2 running about 1500ppm approx.
    in Tent Air conditioning keeps tent at 76-80 lights on from 8am-8pm Rh@45-50
    lights off tents stays 80 stable with RH@55
    two smaller fans blow air over lights and one blows my co2 over the canopy, one small exhaust fan as well..
    Plants.. 2 Gorilla Glue,1 ivanka bush and 2 cookies n cream
    started from seeds,seedling popped January 21st,Just started flowering april 10th ish..
    5 gallon pots with ocean blend,
    1 liter of water daily,drQ bloom feed every third water..

Hi, Vic. Welcome to GWE.
    Nice setup. But lose the CO2.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

..No co2?.. is it not good for them?..
      Last edited by Vicmattice; 04-17-2021, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Co2 is only effective with no exhaust running. Otherwise you’re just wasting money/time

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are growing in a room that is completely air-tight from exchanging outside fresh air, then you need CO2. Regular atmospheric CO2 is way more than plenty for the plants.
        I had a sales guy at the local hydro shop try to tell me it was absolutely necessary to grow indoors, so i pointed out the window to the tees across the street and asked how the trees get all their CO2. Needless to say, he didn’t have an answer. 😉

If you still breath they get enuf CO2!

Comment

Welcome to the grow forum Vicmattice i'm growing GG#4 photos right now also and cloning them for outdoor. I kinda like this greasy gal now that Ivanka Bush LOL what a name too funny. Good luck and we love bud pics and folks who enjoy growing there own crops and put the work in to keep them healthy. I gotta say my GG#4 are pretty carefree very little issues. Alot of it is dialing in the indoor enviornment time and patience. Good luck and ask away when you need us
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wait...What?...What's is wrong with the CO2? Vicmattice says his CO2 levels are maintaining. Right now I think the CO2 is good. The photo below is from Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook. I agree that CO2 is only need during lights on but CO2 can be beneficial.
          Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
          I like weed and science.

Comment

Ivanka Bush...LOL I don’t know who names the strains but they do a very entertaining job of it.

welcome vicmattice!

Comment

Thanks guys..So heres my Co2 set up and why I felt it was benificial..
              I run a 5000 btu Window a/c in my tent so the intake sucks alot of the air through to recirculate it after cooling it dries and stales the air coming out..., my thought was keeping the air more "fresh " with a little help from a "homemade" Co2 generator. It cost nothing to make and run..
              five gallon bucket with a fish airpump activating the sugar/water/yeast combo, fed into a small fan ..its free and didnt seem to hurt?.. and it kinda helps with the weed smell..instead My garage smells like home brew...lol ...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Ohhh i love home brew but not to hoppy em k

• grouchyoldman
                grouchyoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                How's about showing some pics & a little more info on your CO2 setup. Interesting & innovative idea!

Welcome aboard grower !! How's your Pro series P1500 ?
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

There are so many issue(s) with CO2 and the home gardener:

- the plant has evolved over thousands of years through all the ups and downs of atmospheric CO2. If it’s growing...it’s got enough CO2. (We’ve all seen the pics of the massive outdoor plants) or at least seen this video... https://youtu.be/Tay_9dUU04w ....and outdoor growers don’t add CO2.
                - how do you know it “increases yields”? Have you grown multiple generations of the *exact* same strain to know what the baseline yield per harvest is? No?!...then you have nothing to compare *your* results with because you can’t compare *your* results to someone else’s results.
                - Do you have the other five vital metrics in place for a healthy plant? Water/food/light/temp/humidity.....all have to be at their absolute peak levels before added CO2 provides any benefit. Fail at any one metric and the CO2 is now just simple ambient waste.
                - Cost! Why waste money on something that is already free all around you in abundance. (Spend your money on more lights instead)
                - Hassel...why have extra shit to go wrong and need to maintain (especially when there is no benefit to having it to begin with)
                - Sealed/recirculating room grows are the only growers that need it since there is no ambient atmospheric air exchange.

Sorry for ranting....but growers have been sold snake oil when it comes to adding CO2.
                There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• JeffInCanada
                  JeffInCanada commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's too much hassle for me, I won't be doing it any time soon. All are good points to think about, not a rant

• UndergroundFarmer
                  UndergroundFarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm here to amplify the advice to invest the money burning a hole in your pockets on the best lights you can afford first. If you've got lots left over, spend that on the best genetics you can afford. If you're still not broke, buy better nutes before you spend $$$ on anything optional.

Farmbuck. I Love them.. I feel they do a great job for there price.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                  Ohhh i love home brew but not to hoppy em k
                  My sons are into really hoppy IPAs for some reason. Some of them are so sour it is like sucking a lemon!

Comment

for a long time I went for the IPA but now I prefer that toned down with a more pronounced malt taste. There's a Sierra Nevada brewery south of Asheville, Ive been there a few times - in Januarys because that's when they release Big Foot.

Comment

My last beer was a Russian Stout (no hops), very dark beer and strong.
                      IF I have anything brewing (that dont mind light) I do it in the grow room.
                      Heres an old outdoor pic of some little plants.
                      Edit BTW the ugly guy on the right is me standing 6'1" /Edit
                      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X