Weather and temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather and temps

I was planing to start my outside grow at the 1st of may but the temps are 3 to 4 degrees below normall for this period . During night it falls to 10-12 cecius and during day 18-22 celcius. Shouldi wait more or i can start now. Forthe first stages i am going to put something like a big plastic bottle on the top to create a small greenhouse

The hours of daylight is more important, photoperiod plants will try to flower like an auto if they get more than 10 hours of night and then once the days get longer they'll go back to veg and it's hard on them and will prolly affect their size n health. Don't get me wrong the temperature does matter and depending on the strains you are growing (sorry not good with C temps) if the temp gets under 60°f it will effect them as well
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Wel i grow autos with 12 hours of sunlight. Iwill just wait a bit for temps to rise to 57 f during night

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MeEasy, I didn't know that concern with early outdoor planting. Learn sumthin ever day!

My youngsters are going outdoors the first week of May and they'll have 14 hours of daylight in which to bask.
      Here's a handy Daylight Calculator:

Calculate local times for sunrises, sunsets, meridian passing, Sun distance, altitude and twilight, dusk and dawn times.
      Last edited by grouchyoldman; 04-16-2021, 10:36 AM. Reason: value added

If your plants are past seedling stage any temp above 0C will not hurt them it will just slow the growth during that cold period.

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Great i will wait a bit to lower the possibility of slow growth

Good for you Giannhs i grew in your temps last year on a roof top until it got way to hot up there. They loved it and alittle cool at night wont hurt
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to hear

Good choice !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Last year I started plants inside, when I put them outside everything flowered. Did not mater if seed or clone, all flowered so I replanted.
      This year I am not starting early inside, instead I planted the seed in the ground. The temps here are dropping into the 40's F at night, with 60s-70s F in the day. It is true that they slow down when the temp falls, but as soon as the temp is back up they grow on! IF they get frosted on, dont fear, just use a water hose and wash it off before the sun shine touches them.
      In the pic, Wet Teddy Bears (Reg, Autos) in the center a Greasy Grapes clone. The autos are 2 weeks (13-15 days) in this pic., the clone was put in the 11th.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW nothing reveged last year.

• Giannhs
        Giannhs commented
        Editing a comment
        Great i dont have any problem of freezing temps . Thelowest it might get its 53 f during night and 77 f during day

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X