Isopropanol & RSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isopropanol & RSO

I realise I’m probably late to the party here but I have just discovered this stuff. I got some alcohol to see if it would clean my trim scissors and my bubble bags. Holy shit this stuff is the shit! If you use bubble bags and you’re not already using this you need to. My screens look like they did when they came out the box and took literally seconds. Less than 10 bucks. Anyway, I was left with a lot of sediment in the bowl so decided to evaporate the alcohol and just like that I’ve made my first RSO. I fucking love cannabis

I'm hoping you used a consumable alcohol because Isopropyl (what most of us use to clean scissors) should not be ingested in any way shape or form.

Comment

The alcohol was evaporated

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        It's still there. No oil is pure when using solvents. Never use iso for smoking or edibles.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cloud is correct, use ONLY ethanol for any consumable!

a mixture of salt and rubbing alcohol is a great weed pipe cleaner too. But yes, as mentioned make sure you don't ingest any of it. evaporate is fine but rinse it off anyway with warm water.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Ok maybe I’ll keep that for cleaning and get some food safe stuff for the oils. Thanks 👍🏻

Comment

• Drekthar
          Drekthar commented
          Editing a comment
          Get your self some everclear, that's what i use for my source turbo

Ethanol is used to make RSO. If you used ISO then you made QWISO, here’s some info. It’s nasty stuff, not very clean chemically wise

There are many different techniques used to make hash, today will we be making "QWISO HASH" often called "QWISO" for short. "QWISO" means = Quick Wash ISO, The Quick wash referring to the short amount of time that the trimmings will be in contact with the ISO better known as Isopropyl Alcohol...

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          ISO alcohol is converted into acetone inside the body. That’s what makes it dangerous. For everything hat goes into the body is better to use ethanol. I know it’s hard to find but some “chemical” companies do sell it. You may need permit because alcohol is a very regulated industry and big alcohol don’t want you buying cheap pure alcohol that will get you drunk

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't have to be everclear. Just find something similar and 190 proof or highest you can find.

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. I’ve decided I’m definitely not smoking it. I’m not fussed, at least I know how to make it now. Just need to hunt down some ethanol...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X