Tabacco and weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabacco and weed

A while back I asked about whether in America you add tobacco to a spliff like in England and I've developed a theory why you don't and we do.
    During the 80s and early 90s it was very rare to have anything other than resin as at that time there were very very few grows so being an island everything was imported (mainly from Africa via Spain and Holland). Due to the bulk and smell from weed it was easier, safer and more financially viable to import resin. Now as resin needs to be mixed with tobacco, by the time weed started to show up, it was just considered normal to add tobacco.
    Now in America you were getting your weed from the Mexicans who were producing buds full of seeds with about 6% THC. Due to this you needed to smoke it pure otherwise the amount of weed including tabacco would turn your spliffs into cigars, so you all got used to smoking spliffs pure.
    Well that's my theory anyway.

I always pair thc with caffeine

Comment

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      Caffeine is a catalyst - it increases the rate of reaction within other chemicals without changing the actual chemical structure

We rolled spliffs back in high school to make our weed last longer. Since then I’ve never considered mixing tobacco with weed and wouldn’t today. Looking back I’m not sure our theory was effective but it seemed like a good way to stretch your bag out at the time.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention at that age the tobacco gave us a buzz too 😅

We had a flower shortage in the late 80s that covered most of America too. We smoked hash on a pin with a small glass

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      Hash under glass. I remember that.

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      We used to smoke it in a one hitter bong. Loved it.

• StokeBloke
      StokeBloke commented
      Editing a comment
      We used to do hot knives by breaking the bottom off a pint milk bottle then heat two butter knives until they're glowing then pick up your resin between them and funnel the smoke up through the bottle.

In Canada we used Tobacco with resin(oil) and hashish. Weed by itself was common but weak so the size of the joint was usually quite big. Nowadays the cannabis strains are way more potent but I don't recall ever using Tobacco with cannabis leaves or buds.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Tobacco is poison. Cannabis is medicine.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not. Poison is added to it in order to make the nicotine absorption more efficient and to imitate the taste of fresh tobacco in a dried up cigarette. Natural tobacco is as safe as cannabis. Both natural plants. Dried up, cured and smoked

True fact nicotine is a placebo chemical most if not all of what you feel is just in your head if you unknowingly smoked a nicotine free cigarette you’d likely feel the same as if you’d had a normal cigarette

Comment

• StokeBloke
        StokeBloke commented
        Editing a comment
        Myself and science doesn't agree with your statement. Tobacco is both a stimulant and depressant.

• TheKieftan
        TheKieftan commented
        Editing a comment
        StokeBloke https://academic.oup.com/ntr/article...rectedFrom=PDF there’s been many medical studies that prove otherwise like this but most are intended for medical students and require a subscription to read basically the studies tested placebo vs real and people’s reaction to placebo was very similar in most cases identical does smoking a cig make you feel a certain way yes absolutely but is it the nicotine making those feelings or a lifetime of watching people smoke and seeing their reactions and those people watched people smoke when younger and so on now all the chemicals they put into the cig is another story these definitely have noticeable effects all I’m talking about is nicotine

• StokeBloke
        StokeBloke commented
        Editing a comment
        Nicotine dilates blood vessels meaning increased blood pressure.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X