CR*P!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR*P!!

In preparing for the flip I decided to try 24 hours (today) in total darkness. I know, I know some people recommend it, some don't and some say its not necessary. Well I have a small humidifier and what happened today while I was at work was the humidity climbed to 99% while the temp was 72. I just checked on my plant about 15 minutes ago (9:05pm est) and ALL the leaves were soaking wet! I immediately got paper towels and started to hand dry them off.

I don't have a tent I'm growing in a spare closet and the closet door was shut (to keep it dark) all day long. Have I damaged my plant...and how badly? I have the closet door open now to hopefully get the humidity lowered. Lights go back on tomorrow to begin 12/12. Plant still looks very healthy but scattered leaves have tips that are curled. I will take a picture in the morning.

I'm not that worried that I gave her 24 hrs of darkness...I'm more concerned with the humidity :-(
    Thanks!

It’s ok. It takes longer for them to rot and die. Just don’t let it climb for too long

Comment

• demcc3
      demcc3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou for the reassurance! As of 9:50pm est temp is at 75 and humidity has dropped to 80%

UPDATE! As of 6:22am est Temp is 72 and humidity is 48. Please excuse my brief panic from last night lol. Color is coming back too which I'm hoping was due to being a little over-stressed. As promised last night, here's the photo:

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I was typing my post below when you posted the pic, it's a good lookin plant 👌 it doesn't hurt/stress em to get wet I and many others regularly spray our plants, I use a peroxide water mix. I don't and don't recommend spraying anything on flowering plants though. It's to much of a risk for mold imo. Good lookin lady though, good luck 🌲😎

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Shoot i would of paniced also demcc3 at the worst times accidents happen. Glad it's all good.

Don't panic you didn't even have to dry them, unless you were going to turn the lights on right away. It's no different than if they were outside and it rained. I've done this same thing before and it shorted out one of my fans, watch your electrical equipment for a few days. Might be a good idea to blow it all out with compressed air, I didn't prolly why it shorted out, there was condensation dripping off of my fans. One thing I just thought of is if you have an air scrubber (charcoal filter) it's probably not going to work as good or possibly not at all, depending on how wet it got
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X