Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Home Growers Are Winning the War in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Home Growers Are Winning the War in Michigan!

I'm not a fan of corporate "Big Bud" America -- whether I'm paying too much for vapid bud down at Dispensary Inc., or paying 3-5x standard retail for nutes and grow media simply because I'm growing cannabis and not tomatoes. Those things bother me enough that I'll go to great lengths to avoid paying the big-business cannabis tax.

So I was pleased to read this article from Leafly and see that Michigan's most generous grow and possession limits in the nation appear to be having the effect we activists desired when the law went into effect: "Big Bud's" sales are dropping and more people are growing their own! Yay!

There are a few reasons for this, according to the article, like the pandemic keeping people at home and broke. But Factor 4 in the article is the one that tickles me most.

Oh, and props to Nebulae and Sirius Fourside for all their free insights and information that helps the growing demand for growing pot growing! Freedom to grow would not be as attractive without freedom of information.

Worth a read: https://www.leafly.com/news/industry...hbors-backyard

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Big Bud, inc. = Big Pharma. They're not going to lose money long.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Won't be long till folks get into there own household grows. Feel bad for renters unless landlords allow it. All the open windows and doors, backyards streets be smelling like urban Eugene, Oregon LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm surprised any state allows home grow. Of course I support home grow, but home grows do not provide a tax incentive - and isn't that why most states are liberalizing their cannabis possession laws? I see New Jersey is not going to allow home grow, New York and Virginia will allow home grow.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't look like Ct is going to allow it either. They want every penny.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! West Michigan here. Thanks so very much for that read - excellent! I myself started indoor growing last fall. Very easy to do with a very small investment. Once summer arrives I will put a few outside and get that experience.

What I need to fight for is the B...S... of my employer still doing random drug testing. Even though it's now legal in our state I can't use due to my job (I'm in fire protection - nothing says I can't be a weekend user...). I have made it clear to my employer (I'm not afraid to open my mouth - and every random test I've taken is negative) that I'm responsible and would like to enjoy a nice smoke after dinner. But no. We will still spend the money to drug test you. Bullshit. Some of the management team holds a DUI ticket (never for me) in their hand. Now let's talk about being a responsible user...

Thanks for sharing your article. Bee 🐝 safe!!!
        Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
        Canna Coco Or
        Happy Frog soil
        Fox Farms nutrients trio
        Smart pots
        Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Yep that's the hurdle all us who worked for those companies went through also jamesphoto . I smoked alittle during my last 2yrs before i retired, always had that fear but never tested positive when they did try a random drug test. While the fucking Drs. were doing coke few of us would just toke a little weed. Hypocrites it's all about who you know and who you blow with.........ask Hunter Biden see no uproar about that prick. Keep on doing what your doing, your day will come like the rest of us i threw my middle finger at my govt. job as i drove out the parking lot retired. Hypocrites

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• jamesphoto
            jamesphoto commented
            Editing a comment
            Right you are. They SAY one thing - then turn and DO another thing once they are no longer in view. I say fuck you to that as well. But I have a few more years until I can give them the 'happy hand gesture' as I exit the parking lot for the last time so I'll hang under the radar. My wife and kids are happy once it's harvest time here. Thank you for your reply!

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            Be nice to NOT get politics with my weed. Thanks.

My fear is once big AG gets involved (Already are) then will start to patent the seed genetics being patented with law suits flying. This missleading part of the quote that follows is the ideal that you volentarly go into contract with Monsanto, truth is if you want to buy cotton seed, you have to sign the contract. If you save the seed (Assuming the gins will let you have it back after ginning cotton) you face the seed not being any good and Monsanto suing and taking your farm.

" Limited rights to retain and reuse seed Under a private contract between a grower and a biotech company, the grower's rights to the purchased seed are significantly limited. Such contracts generally contain a "no saved seed" provision.17 This provision prohibits growers from saving seed and/or reusing seed from GM crops.18 In effect, the provision requires growers of GM crops to make an annual purchase of GM seeds. A patent infringement case stemming from unauthorized saving of GM seeds was recently tried in the Canadian courts.19 In this case, Monsanto Company sued Percy Schmeiser, a local farmer, for saving and planting GM seeds produced from pollen that had blown onto his fields from a neighboring farm. Schmeiser himself had no contract with Monsanto"I

The plus to all this is the many examples I have seen of home growers growing and saving seed, just as underground growing has survived, so will under ground seed banks!

End of Rant :-)
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• jamesphoto
            jamesphoto commented
            Editing a comment
            True about that large of a company that is feeding the world. But those who choose to make their own beer and wine (and maybe whiskey as well) are free to purchase those ingredients at the specialty store. Let's hope we are always free to obtain what we want to enjoy our 'hobby'

Time will tell jamesphoto i sure hope so also. That's what i fear also with big pharma as all of little legal farms fear. That's so messed up what that fella went through with Monsanto. Once you sign up for that your ass belongs to them......military.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

This just in: 1Q Illinois taxes, alcohol vs cannabis:

First time ever, IL cannabis tax revenue is greater than alcohol.

IL 1Q21 cannabis tax revenue: $86M
            IL 1Q21 alcohol tax revenue: $73M

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              All this is wonderful it's why i did vote to legilize can't see where the hell the money got spent. I believed one time that they would use it to do good lasting projects for our state of Oregon. I don't see it anywhere or hear how it was spent wisely. They raise taxes still on the working class and beg the feds for more $$$$ who's using this money?

• BaccaRacca
              BaccaRacca commented
              Editing a comment
              Here is Oregon SoOrbudgal! https://www.oregon.gov/dor/programs/...ons-public.pdf

I don’t know how anyone wouldn’t grow at home besides maybe rental property with rules but it’s so cheap and easy last year after my step dad died my mom took over his 6 about 8-10” plants all she did was put them in the ground and watered I did research helping her know when to harvest she ended up with 14oz from 6 plants luckily I got my card as the last bushiest ones were being harvested and took some off her hands since the legal limit is 8oz but as I said only water nothing else at all and she got around 4,000 dollars worth of weed in 5 months it’s just so easy inside is a lot harder but still nothing big I knew nothing and with the help of this forum harvest nearly 5 ounces from my first indoor grow the money saved is just astronomical and the quality is superb

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X