Computer Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Malfunction

Aarrrgh! Yesterday as I was writing a reply my touch pad on my Toshiba quit working. Can't move my cursor. I have tried all the suggested fixes online to no avail. At least I have my phone or I'd be SOL for internet. Hard to find a trusted shop out here in the wilds beyond Prescott so I have to check around. Try to have it fixed or buy a new one (crap, the goes stim money.) I'm have to keep my files cuz I have a ton of data and photos on it so I have to use a shop for either one. Anyway I won't be around very much for awhile so Happy Growing to all. I'll still lurk a bit but little writing. See ya!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Hey TOKABIGONE Did you try plugging a mouse into the computer. Maybe that would work and allow you to move the cursor.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a mouse currently but I just ordered one to be here Monday. I'd thought of that yesterday and my grandson suggested it too so thanks for the thought. I'm sure enjoying it more now than the many years at work. GWE is 99% of its use now, lol!

I was considering it but I have to drive 30 miles to town to get one. There are supposed to be fixes for this but I'm somewhat illiterate so I'll just take it in have them plug a mouse in while I wait, then decide what to do.

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Well good luck sir. Next time you go to town try to get yourself one. As a retired IT guy I got several mouses, Never use the touch pad never....
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        I never touch a mouse when i can avoid it. I’ve been on track pads for years and hate having to use my PC at work since it only has a mouse. Fortunately, working at a PC is not a priority for my work.

I don't even use my touchpad. sure it's convenient when travelling but I just plug a mouse into the USB port. I did have the same problem as you on my Samsung Laptop but I think it was due to me dropping the damn thing. It worked for a while then the cursor sort of started having a mind of its own so I had to plug in a mouse all the time and I was back in business. If you're lucky all you need is a mouse.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

JeffInCanada , Farmbuck, dilvish. I'm baaack! Took many folks advise and got a $10 wireless mouse from Big A so I didn't have to go to town. It gave me a bad moment but finally after about ten minutes it suddenly started working, whew! Had to go to the control panel and slow it down a bit as just touching it caused the cursor to zip across the page at the speed of sound. Now brace yourselves for more bad humor, sophism, levity and long dissertations on random nonsense. Are you listening SoOrbudgal? bwaahahaaaa!

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yesssssssssssss i'm hear

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          KOOLLLLL !! Bienvenue sir !! or should I say Welcome back TOKABIGONE you old f.. lolll

I like sophism ou bien sophisme in my mother tongue lolll
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-12-2021, 05:28 PM.

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Glad it worked.

As I was gone for a few days with this issue I'm wondering if I missed something in terms of GWE software or hardware upgrades? The biggest problem I have noticed is that my posts seem to take awhile to appear on the first page. They also are popping in and out from time to time. I mean they are there when I go visit another post but gone when I come back. Not a giant issue I guess but it is annoying so is anyone else seeing this happen? Top of the page arrangement is different too so I'm thinking a software update/change must have happened or I'm doing something different in the way I approach the site. Comment?

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Yeah a bit slow from time to time... My worry is we are heading for a deadly embrace! And believe me, you don't want a deadly embrace here!
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-14-2021, 12:50 PM.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X