Stunned dark green plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Stunned dark green plants

This is my plants 18th day. I’ve started to transition them to a 1 gal except for 2 of them. I’ve noticed all except for 1 of my plants are starting to have droopy leafs and are becoming dark green. I’m aware they may have too much Nitrogen, and I think I am underwatering them. Only 1 of my 5 plants is growing normal speed, the rest are stunned and growing very slow, if not growing at all. Any advice on what to do here? I usually water them at 8pm once to twice a day and I dont like to give them too much water. What should I do here?
    I have been feeding them fluratrio and calmag since last Wednesday and have noticed it working on only 1 of my plants. The rest are stunned and dark geeen droopy

Nitrogen toxicity and over watered. I don’t fertilize seedlings in solo cups, they are in cups only temporarily and there’s enough nutrient in the soil. Are there drainage holes in those cups? Transplant the seedlings in the solo cups and you may save them. Just give them water until you see some healthy growth. They don’t need water right now tho. The plant in photo #1 in a fabric pot - stop fertilizing and stop cal magging , just water only. Do not water on a schedule, lift the container to judge whether it needs water. What is the pH of your water?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The solo cups have 6 holes. I use tap water with a ph of around 6.0-6.9 it depends. I use a water test kit to test my PH, i dont know my exact ph but I know its roughly around 6.5ph. I don’t have room under my light for 2 more 1 gallon pots. But I can definitely try to raise it and fit those 2 red solo plants under the light... I thought that droopy green leafs meant underwatering. I will not water them as much if this is the case.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, i will be getting a 2nd light next week. So they will forsure have more room by then. Right now i have my light around 16 inches above the plants

Hi Guest
    They don't look too bad, I think we can get them back on track. Underwatering Overwatering...these are always a source of confusion in here. I have attached a link that shows how it is done correctly. In big pot or in solo cups it is the same. You said that you have holes in the bottom of the cups, that's good. Have a read and follow. It will be different that what I understand that you are doing now. Instead of watering a little bit a few times a day, water until run off out of the bottom as described in the link when it dries out as described. This method will also tend to wash away or keep things fresh in the root zone. Maybe it will help if you do have too much nitrogen in there. Questions after you read, let us know
    Learn everything you need to know about watering your cannabis plants. No more guessing or worrying!
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response. I definitely will take this into note

Dark green typically means too much nitrogen. If the PH is anywhere between 6 -7 the nitrogen will be taken by the plant. If the soil is supersoil or you are going by the schedule on the Trio bottles, then both of those combined will definitely be too much nutrient.

Don't be afraid to water your plants. Best rule of thumb is every 2-3 days in coir or every 3-4 days in soil as long as your temps are in a good range 75F-80F. As long as you have good drainage the pot will excrete the water that doesn't get taken up by the soil or coir. As an example I water 3 gallon pots in soil every 4 days with 1/2 gallon each and suck up all the excess drainage with the wet vac.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m considering giving them a decent amount of normal plain Ph water last this evening until I notice the drainage on those solo cups. Hopefully over these next few days they can go back to normal growth!

Just watered them ph 6.4ish water from the tap.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your setup like lights and how big is your tent Guest ?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Ill have to find a pic, i use vivosun1000 dimable lignt. Its a smaller light grow light, getting ready to get a 2nd one though to go with it. Its one of their newer ones. Tent is a 3x4, I use a ceramic room heater to control temp, and I use a normal room humidfier with a small fan, along with also a incline vivosun fan with a carbon filter. I usually keep it 70-75 degrees and my humidity is usually 50% to 80% it varies

Did the droopy leaves start after you transplanted? They could still be shock

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No they all are like this except for the 1 in the pot i took a pic off. I know they are forsure having nitrogen problems. But not sure while they are drooping aswell

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X