Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Lighting help

Hello everyone, hope everyone is feeling well
    I am starting my first growing in a 150cm closet (relatively low) and I need advice regarding the use of my lamp.
    The lamp is a 250 W full spectrum LED with three dimmers of VEG, BLOOM and UV.
    My questions is how to operate the lamp according to the growth stages? At what power and which dimmers to activate? And what is the optimal distance at each stage?
    I searched the articles that are on the site and in all sorts of other places and did not find a clear answer.
    I am growing an automatic seed in coco.
    Attaches relevant images.
    Thank you

Goodmorning from Oregon and congrats on the new light, i've got one also suppose to arrive today I am unfamiliar with your brand but i'm sure it does say distance for seedlings although i do not use my LED for seedlings at all. I only place them under it after 2-3wks. I use small CFL or t-5 for seedlings till they get there first set of leaf and then some.

If i only used your light i would most definitly use only the veg light at a distance of 24" but your gonna have to figure the brightness out maybe dim to 50% then if they seem fine give them full power of that veg light but do start high with distance. Good luck i'm gonna have a learning curve also with my new one.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DorMashilker
      DorMashilker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much and good luck friend.
      Do you know when it is recommended to turn on the UV?

I would love to hear more opinions if more people can help

Comment

My experience with LED rigs is limited to one grow, a Golden Tiger X Panama (GTXP). It's under a MARS Hydro 600TS, that I purchased as a primary back up. My beautiful Sativa outgrew my 5' tent and I was forced to punt. She's been growing under it since February 22nd, so it has been well over a month.

My observations are: The newer LEDs (at least the ones I've tried) seem to be much more forgiving, than older models presumably are. I DID burn my baby but I allowed the plant to grow into the light. It only has scant inches from the top of the plant but it seems to be thriving.

Of course, I won't be able to judge the actual efficacy, until after the bud has been sampled. All I wish to impart is that the latest LEDs are up to the task of growing.

I'm a laid back kind of grower, so I don't get too perturbed unless something drastic happens.

Your question indicates to me that you are over thinking it. Growing Cannabis has been a sort of dance for me. I am learning to gauge, based off of Nebula Haze's Coco coir Nutrient Schedule, how the plants grow, especially observing/documenting any perceived anomolies.

My recommendation is, if you haven't already, create your own grow log. There are just too many brands available to know what YOUR light and YOUR plants will do. By documenting your results, you will learn EXACTLY what your best environment will be.

That will be 1/4 ounce of your BEST top shelf buds, when they're ready - Good Luck!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• DorMashilker
        DorMashilker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much.

with that light I'd say 24" from the plant and all switches on full. Realistically most growers that I know using LED leave both Veg and Bloom (and UV) turned on the entire grow. It's the amount of hours that makes a difference. With Autos the lights should be on at least 18/6. With photoperiod the same, 18/6 until you want the plants to bloom then you drop to 12/12
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X