Nute Deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nute Deficiency

Any ideas as to what this deficiency could be. Just the older leaves growing in soil ph 6 to 6.5 water is hard so I let my feed water sit for a day or 2 before feeding and I have to buffer down to 6 or 6.5
    I switched to 12/12 light 3days ago so I fed half dose of bloom with the grow and full dose of cal max. I been through the plant problem pages and still a little stumped
    Attached Files
    3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
    1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
    1000w Tolys led (burple)
    Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
    Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
    No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

You're a step away from full blown Nitrogen Toxicity. Those ferts are way, way to rich for a plant at any stage and a no no in flower. I would suggest a nutrient flush minus the Grow formula, then dry out and water again, then feed bloom only from here on out. pH balanced please.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

That’s the start of a magnesium deficiency. What are you using to check for ph? You tried checking Run off? If you are completely sure the ph situation is fine then another nutrient must be locking it out, not sure if nitrogen my guess would be potassium. What’s the ppm/ec situation? Was the soil full of nutrients to start with. Been transplanted recently into hot soil?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that I saw your signature maybe it’s all that phosphorous. My good friend may be onto something with that flush

Yeah the signature is wrong I've tried changing it but it keeps reverting. The ferts I'm currently using are Groteks Monster grow and Monster Bloom.
      Monster grow has only been feed 3 times: Once at half dose then 2 feeds full strength 2/3tsp per 5gal one of which was today. no feedings of Monster Bloom.
      They been in these pots since seedlings. I've found this soil a little hot on seedlings so I don't start using ferts untill close to the end of veg.
      I'm thinking phosphorus so when I watered today I used the Monster grow as usual with a half dose of the Bloom and full dose of calmax. I did do a water flush with calmx 4days ago. I also adjusted my intake water up to 6.5ph today as I usually buffer down to 6ph since I'm in flower now I will be cutting out the Monster grow from here on out and just using the Bloom and calmax as needed.
      Last edited by MrMagic; 04-03-2021, 12:13 AM.
      1000w Tolys led (burple)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Just keep using calmag and you’ll be fine

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah your soil was too hot but it sounds like you have a handle on it now. I checked out your light on Amazon and found it's only 125w actual draw. There are some amazing quantum board LEDs now for about what you paid for that hideous "bluple". You might just as well hold a candle over them as that thing. We live and learn.

Im gonna try resetting the signature to default see if that fixes it. The burple is still in service still but I did do a light upgrade its a another tollys but they are using authentic quality parts. The pic is with the light out and just the burple that's why the pic is purple. This light is the Tollys 1000w dimmable led with Samsung LM301B with meanwell drivers it uses all the same parts as the spider farm varspectra and all the others. I did a lot of research on lights this past month and checked it over throughly as soon as I got it. The efficiency debate is for another thread lol..
      Going through the diagnosis pages I was unsure of what the deficiency could be. I was thinking PH or phosphorus and wanted to see what others thought it might be. I do also have hard water I forget the numbers but it's always in the back of my head.
      there's no improvement after 24 hrs but all the new growth looks good so far.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MrMagic; 04-03-2021, 12:28 PM.
      1000w Tolys led (burple)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s for sure magnesium. “Hard water” can be full of calcium and sodium and you’ll still need calmag. I’m sure that will fix your issue.

• MrMagic
        MrMagic commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx didn't really consider magnesium but you do make sense. It's the coloration that had me stumped. So do you think I should dose with Calmax untill harvest. Looks like they are going into preflower today

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Better to have a constant mild dose that letting the plant go deficient and then blast until it gets better and repeat. Somewhat in the middle like 2 or 3 ml per gallon

Yeah I've been mixing 5ml/gal as per the instructions but now it's a moot point. Pretty sure the dam thing gone male on me. This is why I don't mess with bag or regular seeds. Feminized is the only way to go. 3 months gown the tubes. Thaks for the help. Great info going forward.
      Attached Files
      1000w Tolys led (burple)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X