VPD vs. OCD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR VPD vs. OCD...

I am trying to better my environment for the girls on my 3rd indoor cycle. I have been successful in spite of my errors but my buds are airy and kind of bland like they are drying on the plant before their maturity. I think the issue stems from extreme temperature and RH shifts. My room is in an unfinished basement. The basement runs in the mid 60s in the summer and mid 50s in the winter. ( during the extreme cold snap this winter, the room dropped in the 40's). My night temps in the flower room would drop to the mid 50's. Still I was hitting 90+ if I didn't open the door at lights on. I have upgraded my exhaust fan and am now keeping lights on temps at 73-77. I have also added a small IR heater that keeps things in the low 60s during lights off.
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

So even with these changes my RH is too low lights on. 30% ish and too high lights out. 70+... Do I need to be in an optimal VPD range 24/7? Should I supplement the RH with misting or extra watering? (Full disclosure.... I may be underwatering to overcompensate for my first sins of overstating....) Or should I chill the hell out, burn one and wait to see if the temperture fixes will help things all by itself... Over thinking as always. Thanks!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

I believe that maintaining VPD is most important during the lights-on time.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X