Yellow leaf tips, help pleasee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow leaf tips, help pleasee

Hello, I'm a first time grower and have had my babies for about 5 weeks now. Im growing in coco and have been keeping the ph between 6.5 and 5.5 ny entire grow. Even though I feed them regularly and keep my ph balanced my leaves are turning yellow, how can i mitigate this?

Pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/hNpOUA2

Howdy, Newbiebudster. Welcome to GWE.

could you provide some more info? Light; feed; feed schedule; temp and humidity...these things can help us with understanding what’s going on with her.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      A quick look at your pics appears to show signs of thrips (little shiny specks on the top of the leaves) so that would be one thing to start looking at.

Yup, we need more info...set up, room temps, humidity, type of nutrients, watering schedule etc. The more info the better....if I had to guess I'd say a nutrient deficiency and too hot humid for the strain.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Hi what should my ph be at for soil grow using cana nutes

Comment

There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Hey, I feed them every 2 - 3 days, i dont have a thermometer, but am running one fan in each corner of the tent so it shouldn't be too high. I water them 2.5l / feeding and thye have a 15ish % runoff, measuring the ph of the runoff goes between 5.6ish to 6.3 roughly
          As for the nutes, i use theese: http://imgur.com/gallery/O6SfbHl
          Light is at 12/12 atm, had one day where my electricity was screwed and they got 18 hours of dark.

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            You need to include some CalMag nutrients.

Also some basic equipment such as thermometers, Humidity monitor, and a ppm/EC test pen are essential.
            The 18hrs of dark is no big deal.
            Last edited by YYCannabis; 03-26-2021, 03:45 PM.

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            YYCannabis agree to disagree. first time grower he/she said. Personally I have grown 5 crops successfully to date and have never used an ec/ppm meter or a humidity monitor and I only use one analog thermometer so they really aren't "essential" but rather more optional.
            Additionally if you look at the nutrients they referenced, it does contain calcium and magnesium.

Ok, just looked at them and thrips might be the problem. How do i get rid of those little fuckers? Are my plants dying? Aaaahhh

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            They’ll live...we’ll help get you through this 😁

If you could post some pics in better light would help. It’s tough to see colors under those lights.

The main GWE website has really good info for dealing with pests. My preferred method is to play the role of God Of War and unleash predatory mites into the garden. Some people prefer to use chemicals/sprays. Check the website for details.

One must pay closer attention about the grow weed hopper have you looked at the articles on spraying your plants? I would not wait to long your tent is at stake.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Ok. I've ordered pesticides to kill those little fuckers, I shall do so with an unimaginable amount of joy and watch them burn! As for thermometers and ec meters, I'll get them if I need, but so far my feeding and ph control has been pretty fine, and my girls grew very nicely until theese pesky little fuckers came along. Will the Pyrethrins I use damage the plants or change the potency in any way shape or form?

Thanks alot for the help btw

Heres how the plants look in normal light http://imgur.com/gallery/9k7j0XH

Comment

• Cali
              Cali commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like you really need to go to the GWE main site and read the tutorials. Also you need to get either a soil mix where you don’t have to do anything just water or do yourself a favor and get all the tools needed for your style of growing otherwise you will have a hard time and will end up here asking questions for everything. Also practice keeping your grow area clean, you are just staring and already have pest issues is not good. Maybe better to get rid of what you have and start all over again but make sure you understand why you have the pest in the first place. Otherwise there is nothing we can do to help. For example it may be someone gave you clones that had pests? Or I don’t know? Just an example. Try not to use pesticides.

I have been going through the GWE main site tutorials and using it as a base for my grow, trying to maintain everything said there. Qt first I thought I had a potassium deficieny as the tutorials on main site show pics that look similar to the leaves I had, but wanted to ask first so I wouldn't add more nutes and damage the plants. Before my grow I washed my tent with ISP and mold cleaner to kill anything that might be there. As for killing the thrips pesticides seem like the best option based on whats available in the czech republic, so I dont think I have too much of a choice there tbh. If I manage to kill them off now though, how can I make sure that they won't come back? I was thinking I spray my plants and then disinfect the tent and put them back in.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X