What Would You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would You Do?

I have this one plant, DosSiDos33, she is 3 weeks from seed (Barneys photo feminized), 2 1/2wks from sprout, and transplanted exactly one week ago yesterday. Organic soil, Earth Dust amendments, filtered water (no need to PH, per the recommendations from GreenSunshineCo), 5 gallon smart pot. You can clearly see there are no issues with the other plants which are all on the same schedule, etc. She most likely had some windburn right after transplanting, possibly starting just before transplanting, in conjunction with slight UNDERwatering (cuz I was nervous to over water) although her roots were HEALTHY when I transplanted. She is still slowly growing and her roots are still healthy because they are pearly white and poking out the bottom of the smart pot just like the other 3 girls! Good sign, right?!?! Should I let her ride it out, give her a compost tea, train her somehow... HELP!!!!!! Give me your opinions PLEASE! (notice I have that crazy "poly" of some sort too in the front next to her 💚)

Attached Files
    4 x 4 Secret Jardin (Veg)
    2- ES 180's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

5 x 5 Secret Jardin (Flower)
    2- ES 300's V3 (Green Sunshine Company)
    AC Infinity T6

Black Gold Natural & Organic Ultra Coir
    Green Gro Pride Lands organic nutrients
    Smart Pots (15 gallon)

Maybe her roots got shocked during transplant? Why don't you try flushing 1/2 gal. water with 1 tablespoon of epsome salts.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought maybe the same thing happened!I think I will try that for sure, THANK YOOUUU!!!!

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I agreed with Budgal.

What's a poly?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      A Polyploidy is when a plant has a 3rd set of chromosomes. Though it can't happen naturally it is usually induced by genetic modification.

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley The crazy thing is I did nothing to her, the seed came from Dutch Passion Seeds. She started off with 3 cotyledons... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Dos Si Dos stretch like crazy so give her time to come around and she’ll catch up

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      She did definitely from the beginning, sprouted first and was taller than the rest, then just wasn't happy... I feel like there was too much air circulation (not directly on her but within the tent) when I transplanted...along with shock

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant when flipped to flower she’ll take off

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh! lol...

Test the PH anyway. it looks so pale green it looks like a nitrogen deficiency and possibly overwatering and too much heat/humidity.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      It definitely isn't over watering, I do know that for sure. Typically everything I've read on windburn presents itself like a nitrogen deficiency.. I will agree that at one point in the beginning it may have been slightly humid for her, along with a transplant shock. She is since growing better 😉 just slowly. And her roots are popping out a beautiful white

Tell GreenSunshineCo they are off their rockers. Testing pH is important whether you grow in soil or hydro. NOT testing pH will lead to, well, pale/sick plants.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      The rest of them are having NO issues whatsoever! In fact, I'd say they are healthy as hell!

I looked at the pictures you put in the TTSYG thread, the Ridged texture on the stems Is a telltale sign of a polyploidy. Like I said "poly" happens in the plant world, it will be hard to tell if it's natural or breeder induced, you didn't necessarily need to "have done anything" for it to happen. Easy way to think about it for me is the saying " Shallow end of the gene pool" A plant drops seeds, brother and sis grow up hanging out in a field all alone, Puberty, thing are going to happen.... someone is going to have a kid thats not quite right sooner or later.

Inbreeding can bring out some of the most desirable traits by the happiest happenstance and is how we have the beautiful tasty buds we grow today but it can also cause mutations, polyploidy is one of them.

Breeders induced polyploidy is were im on the fence as it is a sign of genetically modifying the plant for the benefit of profit, introducing thing to a plant to alter it, like reversing will scramble the genetics of a female plant to produce feminized pollen Polyploidy can come from such things like the use of Colchicine which is common in a commercial settings and can bring plants to harvest faster, make bigger plants, more productive and can ensure sterilisation down-the-line so you must buy new seeds as they can not reproduce unless propogated by clone starting from the original plant/seed(like Gg#4) so no reversing, selfing, crossing or back breeding. it's to be expected that "poly" not only common from nature will start become even more common from the gold rush of pollen chuckers looking to make a bigger quicker buck selling "altered" unstable genetics.

QueenofOG if you don't mind what seedbank did you get the Dutch passion from? Are all the seed from the same bank?

Moving on, My best advice would be to enjoy that plant, a polyploidy is really fun to grow and puts you in a "cool kids club" so keep posting pictures cause we all enjoy a good poly and that one should be pretty unique but focus on what that sick little plant needs, she is not a happy camper and I'd start by pulling that blade of grass/chive, check for bugs( I see sticky traps and gnat can do that to a plant) and start Ph'ing your water.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• QueenofOG
      QueenofOG commented
      Editing a comment
      My "poly" is Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion seed co. I ordered them all through the vault. Thank you for your time and advice!

I will have to disagree with part of that as I have done the double chromosoming myself using colchicine. A doubled plant can make a fertile plant crossed with its own genetics (another doubled chromo), crossed with a singe chromo, just like a mule, the plant and seed from said plant would be sterile. If doubled and breed to another doubled you will have good seed and can keep them going for years. Now you take that and double it again, the normal plants cannot fertilize this one, the female can only be fertilized by a quad chromo male. It will certainly bring out some mutations for a while. After about 5 years they stop showing the mutations, well not as many.
    Several seed co's in Europe were busted last year or was it year before for "genetic manipulations"

These are very old pics, they are quad chromo, one of them is my younger self, we called this strain Tulsa Tops. I wish I had better pics (or even better some seed), who new these never stop developing?

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you Rwise that it is not all bad, iv just have it in the back of my mind what genetic modification could do in the hands of Big Pharm and basement biologists, people have made me skeptical of people. You've talk about "Tulsa tops" before and it sucks losing genetics, boy i wish I had a few today from the past.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X