X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xconian
    commented on 's reply
    I trimmed all but two of the top fan leaves
    Off my plant and she has thrived since then! Crazy crazy developments everyday. I come home from work and she’s twice as tall and bushy then the morning. The calyxes have literally erupted on the bus sites and the stems have doubled in size. She did not shock or stall at all when I did it. I did 3 everyday/every other day. I also topped her. I mean looking back at my pics of her development in literally the last two weeks is like night and day. So idk it worked really really well for me, and I literally read all there is on not
    Doing it or doing it, and everyone’s beliefs
    And opinions. My opinion is that a tiny plant doesn’t need 30 solar panels to grow, I think it just causes nute burn. I think at a certain point, depending on your end goal, those fan leaves lower down just suck up much needed energy for flowering. Regardless the plants going to store what energy has been collected from the others, so why overwhelm it so young? Of course the timing of cutting is important I think. I had 2 fans begin to lighten up (turning yellow) and I snipped them without hesitation. Nervous? Yes I was . But glad I did it. And the leaves that have grown on my bud sites and stuff are
    Plenty enough to give her the extra energy needed now that she’s maturing. Plus the two fans I have are
    Super healthy and strong, and not taking away from the rest of the plant.i am doing organic grow, and the only things I have used was epsom salt once (each month if I feel it’s needed) and alpaca grow. Other then that straight water. No bloom spray, miracle grow etc. and the bulb I used in veg was a 65 watt LED green energy bulb. No issues with it at all. Now she’s outside and just thriving. I see the potential In all of it, and the downfalls in all of it. But pruning and topping correctly at the right time seems to have worked superbly for me

• Nartak
    replied
    Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
    Wow, that's hard core. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few days. I've not been doing that much, but I have been following the cutters. Mostly because it feels like something that I can "do", you know, gardening and shit, because this is all so new to me. But my plants are doing well, and it's a real rush seeing them go from hairless pups to thick bushes again.
    Haha yeah it looks extreme but their leaves on top are already touching on 2 out of 4 plants so 2moro they will be shading budsites again I'll give them 4 days this time and it will keep getting longer and longer before i pinch every time but im not going to stop until the 5th or so week...

Leave a comment:

• William and Sue Ashley
    replied
    Thanks Man....Its a blast.....LOL....Mainly cause you know at the end we the growers are the winner......Chop, Chop....

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Wow, that's hard core. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a few days. I've not been doing that much, but I have been following the cutters. Mostly because it feels like something that I can "do", you know, gardening and shit, because this is all so new to me. But my plants are doing well, and it's a real rush seeing them go from hairless pups to thick bushes again.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    commented on 's reply
    I wasn't going to be around to water the thing constantly so I made a quick auto-watering system. A garbage can for a reservoir, a little electric pump on a timer, with a garden hose running to a 'manifold', which is basically a splitter turning the garden hose flow into a bunch of 1/4" lines. The res was mixed with nutrients and I set the timer for three waterings a day - one minute is the lowest setting in the timer. Nutes were weak- never got much past 1.1 EC. But yes- it got fed with every watering. This was my first time doing any of this hydro type stuff - I just sort of whipped it together from stuff I had around. It was easy and worked well.

• Weasel
    commented on 's reply
    KingSimon - yes it was grown in coco. I watered it three times a day (had to to keep it from drying out). So I would call that drain-to-waste hydro.

• Midnightfarmer
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Green 75 will do. First grow I chopped all the time great yield but this time I didn't so they are to bushy. Will let you outcome.

• Weasel
    commented on 's reply
    There are many very experienced growers who say that autos are a waste of time and energy indoors - because they use more energy overall, aren't faster in the end, and produce lower grade herb. It's not an argument I'd ever get into and I've got no interest in them to begin with- but probably worth looking into. Depends on your priorities. Yet another touchy subject no doubt.

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    I know she is a photo,was thinking an auto would be the same in terms of yield and an overall less work for me...I have yet to reach the point where im "researching strains" In time... thanks for the tips man!

• Weasel
    commented on 's reply
    Well Nartak that plant is a photo- in case you missed it. I don't grow autos myself.
    But in terms of straight up production yield as well as fun- the 12/12 solo cup grow was great.
    It's fun growing new strains from seed and the old veg, clone, label, flower, repeat- routine can feel like work sometimes.
    So that would definitely be one attraction to autos.
    I grow small one-off strains like that solo cup thing for fun and strain exploration. If they're good enough they become one of the cloned bread and butter strains or personal smoke strains.

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    Wow thats great info right there man thanks!!I have been really thinking of quitting photoperiod unless it comes to something i really want to grow (i even listed frisian dew so the duck is out my photoperiod plants)!I have a good list with 21%+ thc that goes up to 35 strains of autos i can put in a single order and get done with it!!(That includes a decent number of extra auto freebies unless a photoperiod premium strain is around) !

The reason im thinking of this is because gram per watt wont change and you can do the same amount of bud with less trying and more enjoying,plus it takes a month less and the varieties are going mad lately !!

• Green75
    commented on 's reply
    I defoliate from the very beginning so my plants are used to it not quite sure how your plants would react to something so drastic this late in the game if you haven't practiced defoliation on them at all.. start small increase every few days till you're happy

• Weasel
    commented on 's reply
    The herb you mean? Yes and I still have the big top bud of that plant curing since harvest last April.
    I screwed up the reveg of that solo cup plant- (got in a funk and somehow missed a watering (Doh!) )
    But I had one other CC seed which I planted and have been growing that one and it's clones ever since in my regular scrogged ten gallon pots. Have produced many ounces of it. The second seed/pheno was a little different but still great. Goes purple late in harvest.
    I don't smoke indica strains just sativa, the indicas and crosses go to the three licensed patients I supply.
    My experience with the Cheese was that I liked it and it was strong as hell but like most indica/crosses it wasn't to my taste really.
    But- it's kick-ass herb, gets the A+ rating from everyone who tries it, and is the favourite of the patients with the exception maybe of Pineapple Chunk. They're about equally strong. I'm trying to phase out the PC and replace it with the Cheese because the PC is a pain to grow.
    I can recommend the CC strain 110%. Amazing genetics. Even in veg the perfect structure and health of the plant is just incredible to look at.
    Last edited by Weasel; 01-30-2017, 09:26 PM.

• Nartak
    commented on 's reply
    Hey weasel have you smoked the herm yet mate?

• Midnightfarmer
    commented on 's reply
    So I can trim off leaves well into bloom without stressing plant? Thought this can stress them to much but I feel the need to strip them to many leaves.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X