X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kajicky
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info, man!

I’ve actually modified my light schedule on my current grow based on your advice and some additional Googling after reading what you wrote.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    20 hour light in veg is no problem, however in flower just the opposite of your thinking is true. Plants need dark time to produce the hormone Florigen which tells it to make buds as the season is closing. I'm doing an experiment with my light cycle right now since I did the switch 2 1/2 weeks ago by incrementally reducing my lights by 1 hour every 2 weeks until I reach 9 on, 15 off. in the hope of fattening my buds. I started at 12/12 then 11/13 then 10 14 and finally 9/15. Unfortunately I don't have a control plant going this grow but next time I will veg out same strain and then keep some at !2/12 and others on reducing schedule, assuming these do well this time. My logic is to duplicate the reducing fall sunlight time.

Leave a comment:

• Kajicky
    started a topic HYDRO 20HR Veg 13HR Flower

20HR Veg 13HR Flower

I’ve read somewhere that there are some studies ongoing testing alternative lighting cycles to improve yield. I’m thinking for my next grow to try a 20 hour vegetation and 13 hour flower schedule vs the normal 18/12.

Has anyone got any links to completed studies? What’s your opinions?

The theory is that you will end up with a shorter but more dense plant. Just wondering if this has been confirmed and if it’s worth trying?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X