Need help to diagnose plant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to diagnose plant problems

Hello, this plant is two weeks old northern lights auto of seedsman.Feeding with GHE trio nutrients 3 ml micro soft water, 3ml grow, 3ml bloom ,2 drops pro roots per liter tap water -500 ppm ph5.8 including 80ppm of tap water. Run off is 600 ppm 5.9 ph4-5 days ago this brown patches started apear from lower leaves and going up.Need som help to identify the problem and advice how to proceed further.Thank you very much.
    Last edited by bobetz; 03-05-2021, 05:10 AM.

Need input.
    What are you doing for chlorine/chloramine?
    What is the PH of the soil?
    What is the PH of the water? (with additives)
    What is the PH of the run off?
    Have you sprayed them with anything?
    Did you follow the link at the top of this page to "Plant Problems" and look for this?
    "3ml micro soft water" what is this? IF this is a salt, well,

Comment

Why are you feeding it bloom nutrients now?
      What type of medium is that ?
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thank you Rwise for your response.For hlorine i leave tap water to sit for couple of days. I use expanded coco brick with 50% perlite with autopot( still disabled) and dont sure about the ph of the medium but the ph of solution with additives is 6.3 i use ph down to set it to 5.8. The ph of runoff is 5.9 . I dont use any kind of spray.I followed the link but still not sure what the problem is.Flora micro soft water is part of general hydroponics trio for use with soft water with more calcium i guess.

Comment

What do You use to measure pH? The spot look like bad ph

Comment

And did you prep the coco?

Comment

Are you adding CalMag to your nutes? Looks like possibly calcium deficiency.
              There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
              1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
              2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
              3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Get your pH up to over 6.0 for better calcium uptake.

I say calcium deficiency also and your ph is too low.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Try to get your PH to at least 6, 6.2-6.3 is the sweet spot I aim for. Also get some Ionic or Plant Magic CalMag to give more calcium which is a key mineral needed to promote nutrient uptake.

Also when you say you leave your water to sit for a couple of days is this in the sun? As chlorine will take a lot longer to break down than 2 days if no UV in the mix.

That’s my 10c, good luck!

Comment

Lemon or lime juice (vitamin C, ascorbic acid) kills chlorine and chloramine instantly. It also temporarily drops the PH (it is acid after all), then let it set for 12 hours and check the PH again. For me what happens is the PH drops low, then raises back to where it started (tap water is buffered).

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is why i never let my tap water sit for 24 hours before I use it. I been using organic citric acid for years now. And it works perfect for the PH levels. But I mix only the amount needed for that day. And I make new for the next day if they need water again.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You ever wonder if the PH changes after the water is poured in the soil? This is my fear and why I let it set to stabilize.

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With my soil it doesn’t. I measure the soil pretty often with the Ph meter I have. So I would say my cheap tomato soil works great. My soil has a natural Ph at 5,8-6,5. So I’m not that worried. And my plants seems to hit the Ph spot from what they are telling me.

I'm growing the same strain at 8 weeks now. I had a cal mag problem due to long periods between waterings (4-5 days) right at 2-3 weeks. Add a tsp of cal mag (5 mls) per gallon along with shorter watering periods mine cleared up in a couple days. My deficiency wasn't as far along as yours though. The leaves won't get better it will be clear on new growth.
                  It's my first grow and I was able to figure this out by reading ALL the tutorials concerning this particular issue AND browsing/reading relative topics in the forum.
                  It's all here, you just have to read it.
                  These folks know what they are doing. Read and ask good questions including relative info about your grow and you will get more knowledge than you know what to do with!!!
                  Also check Nebulas nutrient schedule for GH trio in coco for autoflowers, it will get you to the finish line. Us new growers need a template to start with, then as we gain experience we can tweak it.
                  Nebula knows coco, that's her lane, as the kids say!!
                  Happy farming.

PS: I don't know where you are but I use 1 gallon jugs of mineral spring water from Walmart, store brand, about 60 cents per gallon. pH's at 6.0 plain everytime and it has done well by me.
                  Last edited by Catfish22; 03-06-2021, 03:03 PM.
                  2X4X6 Quictent
                  1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                  600w LED (80)
                  1000w LED (180)
                  2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                  2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                  6" battery/usb fans
                  Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                  GH trio with Calimagic
                  Lung room humidifier
                  3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                  ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                  Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                  Northern Lights auto
                  (Seedsman)
                  auto 00 Kush
                  (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                  2x Northern lights auto
                  1 auto 00 Kush
                  1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                  Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Hey there Catfish22 my hubby when he was a little boy about 6yrs old was swinging a stringer of catfish and one of the whiskers got him in his knee cap said it stung like a bad bee. Sorry to high jack your post bobetz i got a memory and i sometimes just spew it out.
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Catfish22
                      Catfish22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes ma'am, been there. Got the scars! 🙂

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing like sticking your hand in the mouth of a blue! That damn catfish clamped down (all the old guys were laughing) on my hand and flipped until it worked its way off my hand. I never did that again, and I'll never forget they have teeth!

Yes like tiny razors Rwise
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will never forget it, tiny cuts all the way down to the tips of the fingers!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X