Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Sequential Harvesting and ReVegging in Same Tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Sequential Harvesting and ReVegging in Same Tent?

This weekend I want to early harvest a lesser branch or two off each of my 3 plants. My main harvest will be to shoot for the more amber trichs, relaxed body effect. My harvest info for this strain is 60-67 days. Monday is day 60, but the past two day I tried a popcorn bud (I accidentally cut off defoliating last Friday) and man was it potent! I’ve vaped 3 different session with it in the firefly 2+ and all were amazing. I’ve vaped a lot of commercially grown Pennywise but this takes the cake.
    But again my main goal is the relaxed, anti-anxiety effect for helping with my chronic pain and difficulty sleeping. CBD Baby!

Once the harvest is finished, I wanted to flip back to 18/6 to see if I might want to take a clone from any, I definitely have two phenos.

Can I start harvesting my branches and leave them in the tent to dry or does it need to be dark?

I think the temp and rh are good for a harvest, its the light I’m unsure about. Maybe hang them up above the light?
    Temp avg = 72
    rh avg = 49%
    12/12 light

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

You shouldnt be drying in tent with lights on.
    Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
    Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
    Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
    Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
    Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
    Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
    Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
    Pots=12l fabric
    Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

I put them in a paper bag. Here is a link to an excellent article https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog...abis-buds-n682
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you mean like the brown paper bags for groceries? Are you talking about during drying or curing? Everything about drying shows they need air circulating,

Thanks for the link!!!
        I have a thread here about putting bud weed into capsules. I’ve stated I do feel a mellow high when I use the capsules but many comments said, that’s not possible without heating the weed to convert the THC.
        A couple years ago, my son had bought me an ounce of this Pennywise 9%cbd/8%thc and I only used it at bedtime to help with sleep. At first I was only using it in my Firefly, but last year I started putting it into the capsules. I just ran out last month. It was stored in an infinity jar and had a Boveda pack.
        The second video in the article at the 55 second mark says, THCA converts to THC with heat or OVER TIME. Maybe most people’s weed never gets that old which is why I had been feeling the mellow high. I have some new Harlequin with a low 6% 1:1 ratio and a Canna-Tsu with high CBD a no THC. Neither of these give me a high.
        So I really think it may be due to the old weed.

After you’ve harvested the fruits of your labour, it’s time for the most vital steps of them all: drying and curing. In this video, you will learn how…

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the brown paper bags from the grocery store. I use them for drying just like the article describes. I put the buds in glass jars to cure. I also hang a lot of them on a shower curtain rod in a utility closet. Its kind of a learning process to get moisture level where you want it . I like for my jars to be about 55% rh. It burns nice but doesn't turn to dust when you break it up.(like the stuff they sell in dispensaries around here)

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        @Eliot Pryor
        I’m sorry but I read through the article a second time and am still not seeing any mention of a bag. I even did a search on the page for paper, then bag and both were zero matches.
        This type of procedure is all I’m seeing.

AFTER I’VE HARVESTED AND TRIMMED, HOW DO I BEST DRY MY BUDS?
        In order for your buds to dry evenly, you’ll want to ensure that air can move freely, coming into contact with them on all sides. The best way to do this is to string up your cut and trimmed branches, or to use wire racks if you’re working with individual buds or small branches. If you choose to use racks, keep in mind that you’ll need to flip your buds regularly to ensure they don’t flatten on one side.

As for reveg after harvest you want 24/0 light setting until you see new growth. I grow in hydro all 3 totes I reveged last year had PH fluctuations early on I believed was caused by the cut ends of stems weeping. If I do another reveg I will place a rag of some sort around base of plant to catch the drippings hopefully eliminating the PH fluctuations.

Comment

Just how far are you thinking about removing the branches? If they were mine i would wait to be able to remove the whole cola just leave a few green buds low on the plants. I would not dry them in the same tent as which you want to reveg the mother. Just not what you want to hear eh? I do as @EliotPryor does with my little larf low buds in a brown bag.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X