Almost to the finish line - Bong suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost to the finish line - Bong suggestion

So maybe a little not so much Grow Weed topic but I feel quite relevant.

I am nearing the harvest stage of my first grow and would like opinions on a reasonably priced ($50ish) bong to enjoy my hard work albeit full of newb problems and low yield.

I haven't smoke in a long time but when I did it was usually either joints or a pipe. I never really tried a bong before but my friends have always told me how much smoother it could be so I why not try now. Obvious problem is, I have no clue what to get and there is so much out there it is overwhelming. Just looking for some simple, newbish, in a decent price for a first time bonger rig and wanted to get some opinions on what and where to get one cause trust me...in my area you aint finding one in a store.

Before I get blasted, yes I have researched the sites that sell it, random websites that seem to ultimately push a product with now way of giving customer reviews etc. Not trying to halfass a search here. Just looking for some suggestions. It aint gotta be glow in the dark, dragon shaped, mechanized to trip you out, music while you hold hit, thing. Just simple..Just some starter rig that is easy to maintain and works well.

You gonna spill that bong on your carpet, and there's nothing you can do from that point on. Your house will smell of old bong water. If you never smelled old bong water, you should get one just to determine you dont wanna smell that again. XD

Get a vape for flower. Much tastier/more healthy than smoke, etc....
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Carpet, well thats like underwear that you dust off once a week, wipe off with a damp cloth once a month and change every 25-30 years or so. LOL

Wow..great info. Had no clue. I will PM you for more info.

Comment

I personally like Fat Buddha Glass. Awesome pipes and bongs, and good customer service. I got a pipe and the bowl was like 3 times bigger than I needed and they were super chill about it, just gave me the full amount back in credit toward another pipe and let me keep the first one.

Fat Buddha Glass, a modern online smoke shop, is your #1 source for a wide selection of quality pipes, bongs, bubblers, dab rigs & other smoking accessories.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hookah.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	493227
        A small hookah is a chill way to enjoy the fruits of your labor and spillage is not as much of an issue.

Comment

Myself I look at how it will be to clean, if it cant be easily clean, it's eliminated. One of my favs is an old acrylic bong, you cant put anything but water in it or the acrylic dies. A shop near me has some really expensive bongs, they are beautiful, but could never be fully cleaned, and for over a grand, no thanx!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL agree with Rwise. If i can't run a brush through it i won't buy it. I love my heavy glass small bongs but boy do they get sticky tar goop in the necks. Long hot soak in degreaser soap and good brushing. I like those small hookahs like crucialbunny has.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I like my RAW rolling paper but I use my Bong for hash smoking.

Guys, really appreciate all the suggestions.

I am glad I posted because you guys came up with some good points and references.

Take care

Comment

I’m still an old school hippie-joints advocate. Over the decades I’ve tried smoking from hundreds of pipes or bongs or vaporizers, and i still prefer to just roll one up and spark it. Like others have said, the maintenance is one of the biggest things that deters me from buying reusable hardware.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here I like my joint, maintenance free. Got my RAW 5 packs 1500 sheets. Guess I'm good for awhile.

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Zig-Zag blue for me.

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              That's me. I have a small bong I use occasionally but I can roll a regular size joint pretty fast and that is just better for me. I have a vaporiser but that is a joke.

I'm another advocate for vaping. Of course, being 30 1/2, for the second time, I'm trying to maintain my lung function. Both my mother and grandmother smoked cigarettes for most of their lives...it was sad, when their ends came
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
              RetiredGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Love my DaVinci IQ, abut still go out on the deck for a few hits on a pipe every few days!

Originally posted by Floopydoop View Post
            You gonna spill that bong on your carpet, and there's nothing you can do from that point on. Your house will smell of old bong water. If you never smelled old bong water, you should get one just to determine you dont wanna smell that again. XD

Get a vape for flower. Much tastier/more healthy than smoke, etc....
            I second this. Storz and Bickel options (like the Mighty and Volcano) are the best I've used personally. My local go-to head shop is selling online since the start of COVID, I've linked their dry herb vape options here if you're looking for a COVID-safe way to buy. Best of luck!
            Last edited by kayakiit; 02-28-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Biggest problem I have with my bong is cleaning it( mentioned above). Otherwise it's great, nothing like fat bong rips at the end of a day to calm my ass down. Ill have to take a look at the brand and report back.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Congrats on nearing your harvest stage – that's some exciting stuff.When it comes to choosing your first bong, simplicity is key. You don't need something with all the bells and whistles, especially as a newbie.Recently, I stumbled upon a really cool pink glass bong. What's awesome about it is that it's discreet. No one would ever suspect it's a bong, which can be handy depending on your situation. Plus, it's well within your budget range (around $50ish).You can check it out right here: https://www.smokeday.com/bongs-water-pipes/cool-bongs.html. It's a starter rig that's easy to maintain and does the job well.
                Last edited by proctor; 10-05-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Old thread

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X