Stubborn Autoflower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stubborn Autoflower?

I have an Auto Daiquiri Lime from Dutch Passion on day 50. I'm growing in a 5 gal DWC bucket with GH Trio, CM, and Armor si. She keeps growing but I'm not really seeing any sign of flowering. I have 3 other plants, all different strains and they all at least have pistils showing, one is already part way into early flower. Also the stipules are very curly and seem to be dying off on the lower parts of the plant. Is she a dud or am I impatient?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Hmm...wonder if it was a photo seed.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      YYCannabis I was afraid of that. Oddly enough I had the same thing happen with a plant last grow. Different strain though.
      I suppose only time will tell at this point

I had a blueberry auto that took forever to flower. Around 6 to 7 weeks. Or maybe they fucked up and you got a photo seed.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Unfortunately you may have to go to a 12/12 light schedule to get it to flower. 50 days is long enough to wait I think. I have had to do this with "autos" before. I assume that the other plants are in the same tent/area. You will be surprised at how well they still bud up even if all of them are on 12/12 from here on in.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        You're correct, my other girls are in the same tent. I have the lights on 24/0. I fear sacrificing yield in the other plants if I switch to 12/12. Also, I really won't have time to let the others finish and then switch to 12/12 for this one.
        However I did just read on Dutch Passions website that this strain sometimes can take 6-9 weeks of veg before flowering begins.

Hmmmm....it's strange that DP said it can take up to 6 weeks or more in veg...thats an awful long time in veg for an auto....might as well have grown a photoperiod. I grew Auto Daiquiri Lime before and it took about 10 weeks from emergence to mature to 15% amber trichomes.
      I have two of them going right now and they are 23 days from seed and started showing pistils about 4-5 days ago.
      These were old seeds from the previous ADL grow about three years ago...and the plants are nice and healthy too.

I've never seen those "dying" stipules though....not sure what to think about that?
      Maybe its some genetic thing specific to that batch of seed because the rest of the plant looks pretty ok.

If you don't want to risk less yield on the others then just take the light(s) down to 20/4 and see what happens.
      Thats as much light as I give my autos anyway. Longer "daylight" hours doesn't necessarily mean bigger buds. Just as important... or maybe more so, is the intensity and coverage of your light (the PPFD).
      Giving them a little rest at night is a good thing in my opinion, and four hours seems about perfect for autos.
      If your lights are strong and you're feeding them well, then they need some time out to rest or they will loose some of their vigor.

Good luck with her, I hope she turns around for you and that the dried stipules thing doesn't become serious.

Cheers!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        That time frame I meant for photos because that's really all I have experience with, except for the few autoflowers I've grown now. If they're autoflowers they should show in 3-5 weeks from what I've seen so far. If not then they usually have to be flipped to 12/12. I've only had it happen once so far. I've had what I thought were photos try to flower automatically after like 8-12 weeks, that wasn't pleasant. My guess is she got a photo mixed in with her autoflowers by the breeder.

Weird flowering times are often due to genetics. No matter what strain you get theses days its gonna have lots of history genetically.
      Much more than even the breeder may be able to determine.

Photoperiod plants are said to require a reduction of at least 6 hrs of "daylight" to initiate flowering. And that usually ends up being a 12/12 photoperiod. But plants grown outdoors under the sun in regions along the equator enter flowering just fine and usually more dependably, The photoperiod at the equator varies less than 30 minutes. How can that initiate flowering?
      Flowering there is initiated more by the perception of variation in sunrise or sunset time, than by any noticeable change in daylight hours. Other environmental factors have influences as well.

For instance if you got a seed that had genetics from a sun grown cultivar grown on the equator and genetics from a sun grown cultivar from Northern California flowering would be initiated for sure by cutting back to a 12/12 photoperiod.
      But if the plant was grown at 12/12 its entire life flowering could be initiated with just a 30 minute reduction in photoperiod and a slight change in light temperature_ if it expressed those "equatorial' genetics.
      Or some combination.
      So its easy to see how a plant that might contain the right genetics could begin flowering after 8-10 weeks in veg with just a few small changes in light temperature...even a change in specific environmental conditions could innate the change as well.
      It could have been something very subtle influencing the switch. No way you could predict either.
      Genetics can have crazy and unexpected consequences!

I once grew a plant in veg for 8 weeks and when it finished it was a monster. I don't think I'd do it again.

Did you leave that plant in veg to use as a mother plant?
      That would have been a PITA to deal with, in that case..

Happy growing!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to disagree on the 12/12 and 30 minute change as photos will flower out at 12/12s with no reduction in light time, hell I had this at 14/10s last year everything flowered without a time reduction.

ZigZag I really appreciate your input. I think a 20/4 light schedule will be the answer. From reading what DP says, being a sativa dominant and also being an "XXL" plant is why this is one of their strains that may take longer to flower. I hope she turns out to be ok as well.
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise right?! Probably be a monster! Praying one day it'll be legal here and I can find out for myself what it would do outside

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Great that you found that info! Could be right on schedule after all Good luck, you're gonna get a good harvest!

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope she turns out be a beauty! When I lived in SE Asia, sativa's outdoors were about 16 weeks seed to harvest. Flowering is initiated during the solstice when the angle of light is the most extreme. When I grow sativa's its always indoors with a 12-14 week schedule, normal switch to 12/12 on 5th week. Wish I could try an outdoor grow though...but the environment here isn't compatible. I have some friends in southern Oregon who have a farm and their outdoor plants are huge.
        I think they average about 8-9'.
        Happy growing!

I suppose I spoke too soon, guess who decided to show some pistils

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

HUZZAH!!! Hairs at last!
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• NickyChicks
          NickyChicks commented
          Editing a comment
          YYCannabis Oh yeahhh!! Seeing those hairs definitely put a smile on my face

I love those pink pistils, they are so beautiful!

Comment

Yeah for you i wonder if she'll finish sooner do to her slacker showing LOL as long as she's going all girl is all that matters.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal thanks I certainly hope so too! In all honestly though, I think she might take her time. Either way I'm really excited for this plant, I think she's going to bring a bountiful yield!

Yep she will kick in some budlets soon..!
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X