Crinkly curling shiny leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crinkly curling shiny leaves

I have 5 plants 4 weeks into grow using 50/50 perlite/cocco medium in 15lt autopots with air domes.
    Nutrient is kept at ph6
    all plants have been treated exactly the same and are growing well but 1 is not growing right and is something i have not seen before
    the leaves appear "shinier" than the others as if a snail has crawled across them, the surface also appears rougher or more crinkly and the edges of the leaves are starting to roll up.
    The very young leaves also sen to show same symptoms to a lesser degree that then worsen as leaf gets older.
    Leaves eventually get papery dry and die off.

Anybody got any idea as to whats going on.

Canoe/taco leaf heat or bugs look real close underside. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Shedman
      Shedman commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks for your suggestion
      I have looked up broad mites and some pictures of plants that have them and I think you may be right.
      its very early in the grow and I am not an organic grower so I am going to treat em with some nasty chemical insecticides. By the time they are harvested any residues will have dissapated
      some regular dosing with some pyrethrin based bug buster will hopefully do the trick.
      unless you have any other effective solutions.

I think those could be russet mites

Comment

• Shedman
      Shedman commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks for your suggestion
      I have looked up broad mites and some pictures of plants that have them and I think you may be right.
      its very early in the grow and i am not an organic grower so I am going to treat em with some nasty chemical insecticides.
      By the time they are harvested any residues will have dissapated
      some regular dosing with some pyrethrin based bug buster will hopefully do the trick.
      unless you have any other effective solutions.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually have zero experience with them

Looks like heat stress. Is there a heater or heat source, even outside your tent, that is closer to that plant?
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

If your environment is on point, then I'd have a CLOSE look for mites.
      Wettable sulfur will zap them in veg.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

just remember that pesticides don't diminish if you don't rinse them off. They get absorbed through the soil and the leaves. If it's a bug problem, be absolutely sure before treating the issue. the most organic way I know of is either neem oil or Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade). sprinkle it on the topsoil and spray diluted onto the leaves (about 1 tsp per litre). Leave it on for a day and then spray it off with clean lukewarm water.

This could also be heat stress. if one or more plants are closer to the heat source than the others then that could be the issue. dry leaves cupping/canoeing s a sure sign of heat stress.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Shedman
          Shedman commented
          Editing a comment
          doubt if its heat stress as they are growing in an outside shed in middle of winter. I have to put heater in shed to keep temp around 20 degrees centigrade as it is and this particular plant is no nearer any heat source than the others.

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          the light can also be a heat source. have you actually got a thermometer to see how hot it gets in there? Heat stress with leaves cupping can be a combination of too high heat, humidity and too bright/strong of a light. If the leaves get dry and papery that crispiness it the result of heat stress especially if the tips are curling up..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X