X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Ph and Watering.

Helle there,

Just ringing with 2 simple questions:

I am using a drip hydroponic system and wondering what s your opinion about the ph of the water. I am very confused as a lot of people are having different opinions. I heard that the ph from veg is different as the ph of flowering.

The second question is about watering. I am watering my plants 15min/1 hour in day time and 15min/3hours night time. I don't know if it s to much or it s ok. Again a lot of opinions on that matter.

Thank you very much !

Not to familiar with the ebb and flood method or such that you using but ph in hydro usually 5.8-6.2 range is pretty good. There are certainly more knowledgeable folks than i on the matter. That's the range I use with my DWC. I've found most of my problems have been related to too much heat in the reservoir, temp in grow room, and or ph to high or to low.
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Christine20
      Christine20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you *:

HI Christine.

the general range throughout the entire grow is 5.5-6.5 for hydro. It’s important to let the pH move up and down the range to allow for proper nute uptake at the roots. See the pics i attached and keep these for reference. You are correct about veg vs flower (sorta)...during flower you want it to stay within the 5.8-6.4 range....dips below and rises above that range are ok for a few days at a time.

it’s also important to remember to check on 3 things every day:
    pH
    water level
    PPM/EC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Christine20
      Christine20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really appreciate. The graphics are really dope will help a lot !

I'm no pro but I have a few grows under my belt and currently running 2 tents with RDWC. Just curious if it is drip system like RDWC or ebb and flow as the second poster mentioned. If you are doing RDWC you should let the drip system run constant at least until the roots reach the nutrients. The drip system keeps the roots hydrated and gives them nutrients while leading them down into the nutrient filled water. After that it may or may not make a huge difference as the roots are already in the nutrient water.

Comment

Quick ?
      Are you growing in rockwool cubes?
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Christine20
        Christine20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Clay pebbles.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X