Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Girls are not felling well :(

Hello family,

I am dealing with a very strange problem. This growth I was very careful about everything. Ph, nutrients,temperature. Although my efforts the girls are not in a pretty good shape. The roots are brownish (not white) and they stoped growing. They are not dead but not alive too. I really don't know what the problem is. I am growing in a drip hydropic system in calay pebbles .I am with my ph around 5.8 - 6.2. Ec levels around 0.8 using canna nutes, reverse osmosis water .They are eating 15 min/1hour and in the night time 15min/3 hours. After I saw some yellow leafs I looket at some online charts with different deficiencies and it looks like a magnesium deficiency. I the added 2ml/10L of calMag but nothing happend.

Please if you know what s going on hit me whit some ideas.

Have a beautiful day folks.
    Attached Files

Overall they look fantastic đź‘Ť Great work.

reverse osmosis water is actually a poor choice for hydro since it is stripped of any nutrients in it. If regular water source is available, it might be worth switching. The cal/mag additive might not have been enough because of the RO water, so if you stay with RO you will need to increase the amount of cal/mag to about 5ml/4l.

the small bits of your plant that look ill is more than likely a calcium deficiency.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Christine20
      Christine20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your answer. The problem with the regular water here is that it is from the ground and the EC is very high. Around 1.0 ppm. I don t know if my plants will deal with such amount of minerals..

One thing you could try is, mix 3 parts RO water with 1 part ground water.
    If your GW is 1000ppm, it should give you a mix that results in approx 250ppm. Then add your nutes + cal/mag + root treatment...then adjust pH. Use this for a fresh, complete water change, then see what the pH is after 12 or 24 hours.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I don’t do hydro but sounds like your problem might be root rot. If roots are brown and not looking healthy you may need something like hydro guard or trichoderma

Comment

• Christine20
        Christine20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. `I bought trichoderma. Will use it asap.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X