question humidity/ Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question humidity/ Temp

Hi ya'll, first grow and I seem to have avoided most problems. I do have a couple questions if you could share some knowledge nugs, please!

I can run at 70% RH/80°F exhaust off or 40%/75° exhaust on. In your experience/opinion which is the better combo?

Also, running autos, when should I bring the bloom switch on.

Apologies for the pics, for reference they are in 3 gal buckets.

At 21days:
    ​​​​​​​

​​ ​​​​​​​
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Hi Catfish22 ,
    The photos did not come through for some reason. I cannot view them. No matter, A bit of a dilemma I guess eh. Exhaust off is a bit too humid and warm and exhaust on is a bit too low for the humidity. If I had to choose between the two I would pick exhaust on. The correct humidity and temperature can be difficult to hit correctly. If you really want to really dial it in you need to learn about Vapour Pressure Deficit. I do not really understand it fully myself but it has to do with understanding the way the plant takes up nutrients and transpires moisture from it's leaves. And having the best temp and humidity for this. Below is a podcast that explains it in detail. And of course there is the GWE humidity page here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/humidity
    If you are asking when to switch to bloom nutes, I usually wait until I see the first sign of flowering. Of course with your autos you will not be switching the light on times for flowering.

Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. Yeah I've studied up on VPD some. My chart shows that I have a decent VPD at 70% and 80°F, not so much at 40%/75°. My concern is at the higher RH these still sorta young sprouts might lay off on root growth and suck water out of the air.

I think you misunderstood my bloom question, I have a veg switch and a bloom switch on my lights. I'm still running in veg right now. I was wondering when I should switch the bloom on. I'm going to run 18/6 for the entire grow.

I'm glad you mentioned nutes though, I had studied Nebula's auto/coco schedule and am going by that. Thanks for your response and be safe, grow well.

I agree with exhaust on, when I used that type of light once the plants had a few sets of leaves I ran both veg and bloom

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I was kinda thinking the same thing.

I run both switches when doing autos.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Good Day ....Temp. and humidity are very important in the Germ. and seedling stage,warm and not real dry. But you must remember this is a weed,grows by it's self all over the world. They put up with all kinds of weather,once their start growing they may have a very dry or wet season. They can adapt to what ever is thrown at them . So down the line it's not that important ...........Peace

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X