Another grow, more questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another grow, more questions!

Hey all! I’m back with grow 3 technically! I’ve added a veg light in a closet and have 13 under it. I have 4 waiting to go to flower but one might just get sacrificed soon. I’m just opening this to ask questions.

seeds- bag seed still and still unknown.
    dirt- organic Kellogg
    lights- 600w hydrocrunch in flower area
    300w + 2 19w. 300w is a Viparspectra.

the blue tub was a trash dirt area with roots and stems and such. I tossed a seed in I though was garbage and now it’s growing in there. Fun stuff.
    Attached Files

All right. First question. I’m tired of my buckets. What’s everyone using for final stage potting? I want to re-use and don’t wanna spend a ton.... Home Depot buckets work for now.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Fabric pots are chepaer than buckets

I’m a fan of the fabric smart pots. Shop around the price varies greatly on them.

Comment

Same here. Currently using 4 gallon fabric pots but used 3, 5, 7 and 10 gall pots on my grows. Ill never go back to plastic pots. The roots get to dry out faster and breath in the fabric ones.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

What size would I want to get if I’m using the Home Depot buckets now??

thanks for the responses!!!!

EDIT:

Found these instantly... VIVOSUN 5-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty 300G Thickened Nonwoven Plant Fabric Pots with Handles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TF9E6XE...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes those would work fine..I use 5gal, 3gal and 1gal fabric pots.

homegrown 5gal won’t hurt my final yield? Do these allow the plant not to get root bound and still get large?

Comment

Ugh. Repotted one last night in an attempt to save it and now it’s in that stage where I don’t know if I killed it or helped it.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking that it is just a little stress cause of transplant. Give it a couple days, and don't overwater.
            If it were me, I'd drill some holes in the sides of those buckets.
            Just a thought

Comment

I have always used plastic pots. I even start in a final pot with 40L 😅
              But I have over 100 holes in the bottom and maybe the same amount around the whole pot. And I find them easier to flush out nutrients or the salt build up, than a fabric pot. This I just my experience of course. So technically I have homemade “airpots”
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I have about 8-10 holes in the bottom the size of a sharpie. Should I do more? Is it safe to do in the side while they are in there?

I might do the fabric pots ASAP and just do a final move.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t know what a sharpie is sorry.
                  My holes are 10mm in the bottom, and the sides are size 5-7 mm

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X