first time cloning - is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time cloning - is this ok?

Hey all, so this is my first time trying to clone. I having taken a cutting from the mother plant which is an outside growing plant. I cut the stem pretty close to the node on an angle to increase surface area. I have left a few leaves on the top. Just wanting to know whether i need to take more leaves off? have i cut close enough to the node? and should i use a clear or opaque cup? not sure is light will damage the roots when they take.

Good luck with your cutting. I used plain water for a while, then used commercial rooting stuff, I now use fresh aloe and straight into soil.

Comment

The cup of water method is effective as long as you stay on top of the water, giving fresh water I mean. Only problem I had was that it takes forever to start developing roots. Now I dip them in rooting gel and straight into the soil with a freezer bag over it for a few days. After about 3-5 days they're usually ready for me to take off the bag and treat them normally after about another week.

Comment

Heres a couple of trays of Greasy Grapes clones, aloe and stick 'em in the soil. These never wilted, have not been sprayed, RH 45-50%, temp 72-78*F.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X