No announcement yet.

Grow Journal - Bruce Banger & Grandaddy Kush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the sugar leaves on the buds are starting to get crispy now. What are the pros and cons of waiting til the trichomes are right vs. chopping it down now before it crisps up any further?
    Attached Files

Comment

I decided to chop her down today, the crisping leaves were starting to creep into the buds themselves. I'll post some pics later of the yield.

Comment

Final product. The colas weren't as long as some of the GDK but certainly much, much more fatter. All things considered, I'm very happy with how she came out.

Once I get her dried up and an in jars I'll post a pic of the final yield from both plants.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Very fine looking buds there, nice trimming! No doubt about it, that is good weed

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Look forward to the smoke report. Nice, frosty buds .

UPDATE:

Here they are. All this was grown from soil, with Michigan Mix, no added nutes. The final results are a little different from what is shown here but I did measure my lot before this pic was taken. Overall I'm feeling grateful for this wonderful bounty.

Granddaddy Kush = 2.53oz
        Bruce Banger = 3.05oz

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. That's a great haul. Some primo bud you grew right there Enjoy!

WHAT'S IT LIKE?:

Method of intake: Arizer Solo II
        Strain: Granddaddy Kush (cured 2 weeks)
        Amount: Fully packed; 4 ten second long draws.

Initial Onset (first 10 minutes):
        A general sense of being at ease along with dry mouth. I find myself smiling while I'm writing this down. I feel more mindful, which is slowly giving way to a very nice body high and the realization that things are good. I feel appreciative and have a relaxation that is much needed. 10 minutes in and still very clearheaded, but it isn't something I'd recommend for daytime use.

The Ride:
        I have the Black Pumas playing at the moment and it is a wonderful augment to the experience of this particular strain. The relaxation factor is definitely something I'd look for in an indica, and the Granddaddy certainly has it. I can feel the tension I carry slowly unravel and fade. I am currently staring at the page, not in a stupor but in a general loss of what else to say about this strain. It's simple in the purest sense of the word, as in, it isn't complicated. It seems to do two things and does it well: it cuts down the bullshit of the day and it relaxes.

Final Thoughts:
        The strain is very good. The body high, along with the clearheadedness is certainly appreciated for someone with high levels of anxiety, while not entirely leaving you locked to the couch. I do notice though that after a long day it certainly gives the signal to my body that its probably the best idea to sleep. Getting to sleep on this is very easy also and I don't find myself thinking too much or being wired. I lay my head on the pillow and I'm out shortly. While I realize that not everyone may not get the same effect from a particular strain, and that "Set and Setting" is key to any good experience, but this for me, does a good job of curbing my anxiety and mellowing me out for a time.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Great write up! Sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          excellent report. I definitely would like to try this strain now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X