Plant Help, Buds Stopped Growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Help, Buds Stopped Growing

Hello My Friends, I don't know what I did to these two girls, or how to fix them. they are both Northern Lights Autos, sprouted on Nov, 1, they were doing just fine, but over the past several weeks, plant L started turning a pale light green, and both just stopped growing. the last week and half, they haven't grown. I have had 4 grows under the exact circumstances, soil, nutes, light, that were all successful. about two weeks ago, i fed them full strength nutes, which is what I think jacked them up. Yesterday, I flushed 7 gallons of 6.5ph water, each. the PH run off was 6.6 to 6.63, and ppm was 498 in one and 501 in the other. it's been 24 hours since the flush, and haven't seen any changes yet. Also, I did top these autos, which I hadn't done before, but that was in in weeks 3-5, and they recovered nicely. any thoughts on what I should do?
    Attached Files

How to fix them? Probably your light is suspect- maybe not enough light.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I cannot see your pics, if you posted any. These things do happen, I am struggling with a Critical Poison myself. Topping may temporarily slow down growth for a few days but that's all. Be cautious with the nutrients.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

The small bud formation looks like the plant is in late transition. Did you adjust the nutes correctly. I lost track of my plants time line and had to add k because they wanted 3/4 tsp per gal and 1/2 tsp was not enough.

Comment

A ppm of 500 is low and the lite color is in agreement with the low ppm. They're hungry I would feed a 1/4 dose of veg and a 1/2 flower. Also is there any chance that they were pollinated? This causes bud production to stop
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Northern Lights likes lots of light. Yellowing of the leaves can be a natural state if it's done it's cycle but I think if you have followed all the rules then sometimes it comes down to genetics.I've grown NL Auto before and it needs a minimum of 20 hours a day all the time. If you switched to 12/12 that could be your problem.
            The only other thing I could think of is not enough nitrogen but NL typically likes a lot of Nitrogen in the veg state. The last thing would be perhaps it's root bound if all other conditions are equal
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

thanks for the feedback ! the 500 ppm was the runoff, after the last of the 7 gal. of ph'd water flush. before the flush, the ppm was 1225. for week 10, do you think that was too low?
              as for the the light, funny then, I had four plants, I thought they they was all autos, but only two started to flower under the 18/6 schedule. so after week six, i flipped the light to 12/12, then the other two started to flower. I read that auto could be grown on a 12/12 schedule, but most likely not product quality buds, so I pulled the photos out, and switched the light back to 18/6. it's been about 4 weeks back on that schedule. maybe that stunned them, but won't account for the off color, and curling up burn tips.

Comment

Here's some info about ppm I had copied from somewhere hope it helps

PPM SCHEDULE
                Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)

First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)

Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)

Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles leftover
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                3 gallon pots all autos
                Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                👇my one n only journal👇
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

thanks MeEasy! how do you like your spider farmer tent? i am thinking of getting the 54 x 28 x 80

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm happy with it it's put together good and no light leaks. My only complaint is that the bottom vents and viewing window are all velcro and I think they would be better with zippers, I think all tents are the same way from what I can tell so it's not a sf problem

one last question MeEasy, what distance do you keep your lights above your girls, during mid to late flowering?

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I keep em around 16" for flowers that's where the ppfd is spread the best throughout the footprint closest to or above 500 which is the minimum you want for good bud production.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X