school me on decarbing and tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school me on decarbing and tincture

So my butter machine and bottles came today. got my everclear at lunch. So whats the best decarbing method? Also do leave nuggs whole in the oven? And do I grind it prior to putting in the machine? As always thank you
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

I use the Ardent Nova to decarb. Worth every penny if you do edibles and tinctures. Never grind before decarb

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you just put your bud in then hit a button? Heck if thats the case, forgot the decarb box I mentioned. Get this lol

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve done grinding both before decarb and after. Haven’t really noticed a difference in results.

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      i almost bought their kit.

The first time I decarbed I turned a oz of Bruce Banner into CBD. The next time I used the Magical Butter decarb box and followed their instructions step by step then used the machine to make excellent purple haze butter. I made tincture out of the BB, it’s super relaxing but not what I was going for. I recommend getting their decarb box to. You’ll love the MBM, just gotta get the decarb right then it does all the work.

Comment

I'm new at the MB too, but it's hard to go wrong.

My decarb: one oz of dry/cured whole bud in a sealed Ball Jar for 30 minutes at 240 degrees. Virtually no smell. Then into the MB with two cups of Everclear and you're done.

The resulting tincture was nice, but not as potent as I wanted for anti-insomnia use. The good news is that you can easily increase the strength by just evaporating off some of the alcohol. I used a crock pot on "High" for one hour which reduced the volume by about half. That resulted in a near perfect bedtime anti-insomnia med.

Best of luck,

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

cool thanks, so worried to just burn up 2oz of bud. am I save with a counter top oven?? just the wife and I no little ones just furry children so smell is no issue.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          Should be, just keep the temps low. The MB decarb box came with more instructions and a chart that I haven’t seen anywhere else that made sense. They have you do a dry run first to calibrate your oven, that’s when I realized our oven runs hot (about 35 degrees over) which cause me to over cook my first batch. 1oz of BB that high grade test at 23% thc and it completely blows your head when smoked turned into CBD. It’s great to just chill out I guess but I was hoping to keep the same buzz with the tincture. If you have a grill or bbq thermometer I’d use that to do a dry run first to see what temp your oven actually runs at then adjust accordingly when you decarb

• Dieselgrower
          Dieselgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          ok cool. good info thanks

YYCannabis. The reason I don't grind before decarb is because I want the trichomes dissolved in my tincture, not left in my grinder.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          That makes complete sense👍🏻

so I made my tincture,see why they say green dragon!! i drop under the tongue burns but the wife dont like it , pretty hot! . whats a good mixer? I did 2 cups of 190 and 40 gram s of bud? something to take off the burn

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Put it in a drink? Kool-Aid, juice, apricot or mango nectar ... something to dilute the burn, the tincture will still work. Chug it down.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I enjoy a hot beverage as my mix. In particular, a French vanilla mix. If you add your tincture to a really hot beverage, a lot of the alcohol will evaporate in the first few minutes. 👍

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          What those more experienced guys said.... OR, maybe concentrate it down by boiling off some of the alcohol (carefully) then mix it with a carrier like coconut oil for your preferred potency.

I'm a complete novice in tincturology, but that's what I'm trying to do with my first batch. In fact, my first try resulted in a pleasant tasting oil that has absolutely no noticeable THC effects! Damnit!

Perhaps one of our Concentrate experts can offer more specifics/troubleshooting?

I'm with bboyfromwayback. I use yogurt and throw in .5 gram decarbed bud to kick it up a notch (36mgThc/cup). It's my whole plant approach to healthier living.

Comment

I just put my lightly ground buds in the oven at 120c for 30 mins. Works every time. Makes your house smell amazing in the process

Comment

Not really a fan of gadgets like this, but if it works for you go for it. Decarb has been covered well in previous posts. As far as the burn goes, that is the ethanol. Remove the ethanol, remove the burn, or dilute it with something. Once you concentrate your extract, your product can be used to make other products like butter, coconut oil, MCT oil, chocolate, bacon grease, suppositories, glycerine tincture, gummies, and so on. If you concentrate and let the ethanol boil off, this is a fire hazard, and will get expensive. That is why I prefer a system that will recover the ethanol. This is what I use:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	STILL.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	483254
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
              grouchyoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool Beans! Is that your own design?

Does your setup perform the same function as the Source Turbo by ExtractCraft?

-Grouchy

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              This is part of a set of lab glass and instruments. They fit together in many different configurations, there are more parts than are being used here. By changing the setup I can filter, concentrate, recover solvent, make tinctures, oil infusions, decarb cycles and more. It takes advantage of physical parameters such as temperature, pressure, agitation to facilitate extraction clean and efficient.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X