Feelin' my oats but seek counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feelin' my oats but seek counsel

I started my 5th crop a little over a month ago. I had one Solo cup, where I inadevertently started two seedlings. I figured, I'd separate them during transplant...well, you know.

I ended up putting both of them in a smart pot. BTW they're White Widow freeebies.

Anyway, I also have some Silver Haze and golden Tiger X Panama seeds gestating. I may end up using my backup LED in my closet for all the plants in my future.

My question: What kind of growth should I expect from my "twins"? Will they choke each other out or could I get some sort of monster harvest? I may want the pot/room, if they won't produce.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

The common answer to this is kill the weaker one asap.

Comment

LOL never done 2 in same pot. But i seen huge outdoor fabric pots with 2 photos in them but those were like 100gal. How bad you want a decent harvest would be my answer
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My question is how far apart are they ? Had 2 (NL autos) in the same pot but at 8 inches at each other. I did some major LST so they wont touch each other loll They grew smaller but I had some good size buds from them. Will I do it again ? I'm not sure I would..!
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          They were right next to each other, inextricably intertwined. I aborted the weaker twin. Thanks for your input!

My thinking is that if you put them in a big enough pot (5 or 7 gallon) with a short enough veg (4wks or less) then you should be fine if you can keep them spread out. The longer you veg the more issues you’ll have. Good experiment. Please post pics if you let them both go

Comment

I have 2 and 3 in the same pot with regular seed, some will outgrow another in the same pot, some grow near the same. Part of what I was doing, and will do again is when their roots can touch you get more females. This run it worked, no more than 1 male o a pot, and 1 was both female. How well they produce is how well I can care for them, but this is a seed run also.

Comment

I need my eyes checked. I thought this was the "I'm feeling my cats" thread, LMAO

Comment

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              That thread is easy to discern - It's the one with the bloody, bandaged hands as his thumbnail.

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              OATS and CATS look a lot alike if context is weird

Update: I snipped the runt. I figure, I can always experiment later. Many thanks folks, for your wisdom!
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Catfish22
              Catfish22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will it root?

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              I momentarily contemplated trying but have too many other seedlings. I want to focus on getting my normal growing techniques to mature, before getting into the cloning realm.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X