New Indoor Grower Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Indoor Grower Question

First indoor grow and first post. Let me start by thanking you all for helping me get started...Thanks!

I started four Peyote Cookies bag seeds on Dec 16 (paper towel method), jiffy pods and solo cups on Dec 18, and replanted into 5-gallon pots on Jan 2 under a 600W LED. Pictures attached are from yesterday evening and this morning. I plan to top three of four today and start LST soon. Because these are bag seeds, I planted four in hopes that two will be female for my 4'x2'x5' tent (oddly enough this same batch of bag seeds produced 100% females for last summers grow).

As you can see, one of these things is not like the other. All four seeds were from the same batch of Peyote Cookies from last winter. Three of four of these plants look identical and one is a stubby chunker (bottom left in pics). They all went from seeds to pots on the exact same schedule under the same conditions. Any ideas on what I may have going on here?

TIA!

They look healthy to me so it's probably just genetics in my opinion. Maybe someone else has a different answer. I will add though, one of those lights probably won't be enough for a 2x4. I had 2x 1200W blurples in my 2x4 and it was working great, but I'm getting a new light today for it. Hope that helps a little. Happy growing!

Comment

As dphipps1020 mentioned, it may because of genetics. However, I would pay attention to the plant that is on the top left. It has color discoloration on the tip of the leaves.

by Nebula Haze Leaves have burnt tips, yellow tips, brown edges… These are some of the most common symptoms growers see on their cannabis plants. It can be hard to identify the cause because a lot of different things can cause similar symptoms. Today I’ll break down all the reasons you might see brown tips...

It looks like it could be a possibly nutrient burn and/or potassium deficiency.

Comment

It does, thanks. I guess I've never had seedlings from the same seed stash grow so differently before, or maybe I'm just paying more attention now that's it's an indoor hobby and winter is setting in. I understand about the slippery slope of equipment/gear, I tend to slide down it in all my endeavors...I've already been thinking about an additional light. That said, since my limited growing experience is outdoors with bag seed in the garden, this indoor set up with the LED light still seems so bright to me! Good luck with new light! This is going to be fun...

Comment

Yes, that one has had discoloration since its first leaves. It seems to be getting better than it was but I am a little concerned. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            This is not uncommon i bet she grows out normally in time. Those 2 LEDs what are the true watts from the wall? My 2 LEDs draw 200watts each. You may just be under power but i'll wait to hear if that's the case. I have had same strain funky leaf oddities they grew normal after a while.

As long as the plants are growing healthy then don’t stress. I’ve currently got 6 different variants of the same plant grown at the same time. It’s like having lots of different weed so all good imo 👍🏻

Comment

Hi SoOrbudgal - I'm using one Viparspectra V600 600W, actual power 260W+-. My tent is 2x4. I was only planning on keeping two of four plants but I'm starting to grow attached.

Comment

I would still focus on keeping just 2 in there. You'll run out of room fast with 4 in there, and it may actually hurt your yields. Just my opinion.

Comment

Good advice...after seeing some of the pictures on here, I agree.

As I said earlier, this is bag seed so the plan was to end up with two females. I also mentioned that this past summer all four of my plants of this strain (same bag seed, I have about 15 of these seeds) ended up being female. The buds/plants these seeds came from were grown from feminized seeds. Any idea if seeds from plants grown from feminized seeds have a higher likely hood of being female?

Comment

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If they were pollinated with a female, they will be female. If it was a male, it will be about a 50/50 chance.

• VertsMonts
                  VertsMonts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  okay, thanks. guess I'll wait and see.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's awsome

Long time no post...sugaring season has kept me busy. I figured I'd post some pics of my first indoor grow as I get closer to harvest. I sprouted 4 bag seeds and all ended up being female, just as last summer. I'm on day 46 of flower and although I've had plenty of hiccups, I think things are going well. I had to give away one of my largest plants as 4 was way too much for a 2x4 tent (3 is too much but I made it work). I should have flipped sooner, the largest plants grew too big and I don't have enough room between the canopy and lights so I've had to rotate regularly. One plant suffered light and nute burn, the other two are just fine. All 4 plants are the same strain (peyote cookies) and each plant looks/acts completely different from the next. My largest plant has a double cola...pretty cool, extra bud! What an amazing plant! I could not have pulled this off without the help of this forum. I don't post much but lurk often...thanks!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awsome strain great job keeping them healthy in the space you got. You collect maple? I sure love watching that how it's cooked. Yes i rotate all the time just because i can't keep my hands off them. Man i tell ya you got the luck with fems and bag seed. That is cool the double cola don't see that often. Well spring is upon us the sap is dripping, enjoy your grow. Sure is pretty

• VertsMonts
                  VertsMonts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the kind words, I'm pretty excited it went so well. This is the first year I've tapped the maples on my land and just like indoor growing, it has been quite the learning experience. I've always wanted to do both but never had time because of work...well, Covid took care of that so I went all in this year. Now I have plenty of syrup and buds (or will soon)! Rotating them is working well and I agree with you, I just like taking them out to look at them...get's me giddy. As far as the seeds, they all came from several bags I bought over a couple months that I believe all came from the same harvest. I learned on here that if those plants were pollinated by a female, the seeds would be feminized (I hope I have that correct). Anyway, 8 out of 8 from this stash have been female and I still have a handful of these seeds left...I guess we'll see. Pretty lucky either way.

I just checked my buckets and I think mother nature turned off the taps today It was a very short season this year but I got what I needed, made about a half gallon.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X