• Show
Clear All

• RetiredGuy
    replied
    Nice recovery!

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    replied
    Have had to keep the calmag a little strong but have made it to about a week out from harvest with real good results, currently flushing and waiting for the other half of the trichomes to get cloudy.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    replied
    I think part of the problem with this grow is that the promix is keeping the ph on the low side in the soil no matter what is oh is added is still comes out at 5.8 to 6.0 out the bottom runoff wise. My last grow i mixed the top third of the bucket with half promix and half ocean forest, but the bottom 2/3 was just ocean forest. Didn't have any feeding problems with them other then a little bit of a calcium defficiency at the beginning of flowering which was fixed easily. This is half and half for the whole container. I just did a little reading from some old post's and found a few different claims about the 2 mixed together having issues with nutrients and ph.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    That is where i have been getting all of my information for my last few grows when i have problems and how i had came to the conclusion of calcium or phosphorus. I do read up on things and at least try to fix them before asking people for their opinions. I am at the point of, what is found in the plant problem section led me to 2 possible things, but there is something else going on situation.

• Rwise
    replied
    Follow the link at the top if this page "Plat Problems" look up the issues then follow the "Read More" link and well read more.
    IF the PH in the soil is between 6.3 and 6.7 then you need to add things, if it is higher or lower then the PH needs to be adjusted.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    I have been using the base schedule for advanced nutrients with calmag added and everything half strength since they are auto's, but overall not super satisfied with their nutrients compared to my last round with fox farm. I have been going between thinking calcium or phosphorus deficiencies but i am leaning towards a buildup of salts in the soil now, it is half ocean forest and half promix and have been feeding and watering at 6.6ph. After i started adjusting the advanced nutrients up they both started doing better then when i was just mixing and feeding like the AN people told me, but this one seems like the more feedings it gets it get's worse as far as that defficiency the last few days. I am currently running some of the foxfarm sledgehammer thru them to flush out the advanced nutrients and going to start feeding foxfarm at full strength and see what happens i guess. The fox farm stuff for me anyway has seemed to be more consistent for sure. The first water that came out when adding the sledgehammer mixture was only about 400ppm which is about all i get with runoff during normal feedings as well, which seems very low even though the bottom 2/3 of leaves are real nice color with just a smidge of tip burn like one would expect for this stage in the plants life.

• Booger789
    replied
    That plant has some defiencies. Most would be guessing at what actual deficiency the plant is experiencing, myself included. But overall color tends to having me think the plant is overall hungry. The leaves are already damaged. I don’t believe they will recover much. But those buds can still be fed and grown. I would continue with a regular feeding pattern with a stable ph range. And it should recover some. That’s my two cents but I am by no means a expert at this either. I still get a plant here or there that just does weird shit and I get weird results.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    replied
    I thought i had this under control by upping the ph and adding some bloom booster with higher phosphorus, but after the last normal feeding yesterday i am loosing even more leaves. Little to no damage on the bottom 2/3 of the plant, only the top is really experiencing any leaf damage like this. I am about out of idea's on what's going on with this thing. The other one is about 2 weeks behind in flowering, but hasn't experienced any of the same problems as this one has and it is the same strain, same nutrients at the same amount and ph, basically everything done exactly the same between the 2 and one is destroying itself and the other is growing strong. I've considered just stepping up to full strength feeding, but at the same time unsure if i am somehow overfeeding.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    When the person that you talk to from the company that sells the nutrients you are using tells you that you don't want to adjust the ph one tends to believe them, especially when they put that ole guarantee on the bottle. Stopped checking ph as in when i started using the advanced nutrients i followed their directions and was under the impression that it would adjust the ph slowly like they say, and to not adjust or else it would make the ph perfect bs not work properly. There is nothing perfect about it in soil or hydro. It doesn't stay where it needs to be for either. Why check it if they tell you that as long as your water is like 4-9 of what ever crap they push that their stuff does the rest. Ph and nutrient absorption is like grow weed 101 so don't assume that everyone just doesn't know these things. Some people spend money on stuff and trust that it is gonna work and trust the random idiot on the phone as well.

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    Ro water, check. my ro water is 5.8 out of the tap.

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    I stopped reading as soon as you said you stopped checking ph and that’s when the problems began. Duh moment

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Advance nutrient ph perfect line up only works if you're using R/O water otherwise it needs to be adjusted.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    That was pretty much my thoughts, might look good on paper but doesn't translate to real world results. Flushed em real good with some 6.8 ph'd water and getting ready to reintroduce the nutrients, but ph it to upper 6's to get some good uptake of both calcium and phosphorus. Might add a dose of beastie bloomz since it is very phosphorus heavy. Been waiting on the an overdrive in the mail for about 2 weeks now, the base nutrients and big bud really don't have a whole lot of p in them at all.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Hey i would trust my gut and fix it. You know what your doing an in person you see how your plants are reacting don't let that salesman tell you different. They are just giving you a how to pitch, does not work for every strain and grow right?

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    replied
    This chart shows optimum ph ranges for specific nutrients. I would adjust the Ph and give it a whirl, not gonna hurt em any.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X