Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    Some leaves like this one kind of look like phosphorus deficiency i guess, and some look like calcium.

• bryanwheat
    commented on 's reply
    When i talked to a rep from advanced nutrients they told me specifically not to adjust ph or really even worry about it because their lineup will take care of the rest, the ole perfect ph isn't so perfect. But it is roughly 5.8 going in with feed mixture and 6.8 for watering and right at 6.0 coming out the bottom as runoff. I am well aware of how ph effects nutrient uptake and in the past when using fox farm always adjusted properly. I was following the directions from advanced with this round and not adjusting as they make it seem like it will mess everything up if you adjust the ph with their stuff. Basically just trying to figure out if others have had similar problems and have had to actually ph their nutrient mix going in. About everyone i know just mixes it up and never check's ph and has great luck with the stuff.

• bryanwheat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Whats the PH? Most of these issues with lockout are from PH. EDIT, OK I found the PH in there, I look for 6.3 to 6.7 to water or feed with./Edit
    At the top of this page there is a link to "plant problems" follow it, look up what your leaves look like and read.
    Last edited by Rwise; 01-05-2021, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bryanwheat
    started a topic SOIL Fixing calcium lockout

Fixing calcium lockout

Hey guys, have a couple gorilla glue auto's growing in half ocean forest, half promix and every since they started flowering i can't seem to keep enough calcium in them. I started half strength advanced nutrients after the nutrients from the ocean forest were starting to be depleted. When i was only relying to the ocean forest to feed them i used ph'd ro water and had great success with that, but once i started with the advanced i stopped ph adjusting like they recommend and that is when the deficiencies started. According to the people at AN their stuff is designed to still let the nutrients absorb even if the ph is not in the target range. I know my ro water with the nutrients are too low ph wise to really get good calcium uptake. Around 5.8. Should i go ahead and flush them with higher ph water and start ph adjusting the nutrient mix? I did a real good flush on both of them and even started folliar feeding when it started getting bad early on, and folliar feeding and that helped greatly, but don't want to be soaking them down now with buds on them and risk mold. My feeding schedule is 1/2 grow, micro, bloom, and big bud and full strength cal mag every other watering, and when i only water i go on the higher end close to high 6's to try and equalize out the low ph of the feed solution. For what ever reason every time i grow with this mix of soil i get calcium deficiencies going into flowering but last time was able to keep them mostly healthy until harvest by flushing with higher ph water every few weeks. With these it hits so fast that the leaves are taking some pretty heavy damage. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X