Collecting Pollen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting Pollen

I've been meticulously collecting pollen from a male nine pound hammer for future breeding, this is what I got so far
    Attached Files

I see seeds in your future...
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

It's so humid here I always tape a small bag of desiccant to the roof of the container of pollen. The pollen seems to absorb water from the air and it cakes up.

Comment

• Hayitstrever
        Hayitstrever commented
        Editing a comment
        It's in the back of my fridge with desiccant packs.

Whatcha gonna put it on?

Comment

• Hayitstrever
        Hayitstrever commented
        Editing a comment
        I've pollinated a comfortably Dumb that's flowering and I might cross it with a GMO hybrid in the near future.

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooh, I really likes me some GMO and 9 lb hammer is nice, that one ought to be pretty good. No experience with Comfortably Dumb.

I'm packing up some feminized Glueberry OG autoflower pollen today for a friend.

• Hayitstrever
        Hayitstrever commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh right on 😀 I'm actually really excited to cross it with GMO, it should be pretty good.

Originally posted by Hayitstrever View Post
      I've been meticulously collecting pollen from a male nine pound hammer for future breeding, this is what I got so far
      I used about 2yr old Strawberry Cough pollen this time..No beans it has been 4 weeks and I confess it was rather late, but I was willing to harvest branch at a time to keep the bean branch going.. Nothing to extreme for keeping pollen - I just put it in a little container with some lightly fried rice and a decant bag, inside a couple of freezer bags...looks like 2 yr is over the limit.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X