What timer do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What timer do you use?

I’m having trouble with timers controlling lighting. What timer seems to be most reliable?

I've only used two different times and both are just the mechanical 24 hour type the first link I have two of one has never had a problem the original one I bought would lose like 8-10 minutes a week. The second link I bought to make things a little cleaner in the tent I just bought it makes it easier for me and so far no problems at all.

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

What I use I find under many names, its digital with a battery back up built in, they run $20-30. Best timers I ever had

Comment

I hard wired my room and used 2 of these 1 for lights and another for the fan neither have ever had a lose or gaining of time. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermat...700K/205478789

Comment

I recommend a old school analog timer bc they’re reliable. The brand isn’t important. My advice is to stay away from digital timers

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, I have never had an analog timer that kept time, or lasted more than a few months, not had one problem with the digitals, yet. LOL

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny, I’ve had the complete opposite lol

I use this one. It is digital, easy to program, inexpensive, rated for outdoor use, and ETL certified.

Comment

I cant get to the brond on the first one, it cost $5 more than the second, came with a manual. The second I got at Skunk Grow for under $20, no manual, only name on it is "Grow" First one is inside the other in outside on the hen house.

Comment

I use a timer that was meant to be outside for use with Xmas lights.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Cheap analog timer from Walmart is what I use. Less than $10 and never had an issue.

Comment

Cheap timer from Walmart. My digital timer I think was apollo something caught fire after little Over year use. I got lucky I prop the power strip on a metal table and nothing caught fire. Power strip was still on and lights were still on but super dim. You could see scorcher all over power strip and timer.
                  640 watt hlg quantum board
                  320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
                  300 watt mars hydro sp3000
                  150 watt hlg quantum board
                  100 watt spider farmer led x2
                  organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
                  Water only i don't check ph
                  6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• echdk3
                    echdk3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow that is really concerning! Is there any way for you to determine the full model number? I’m curious to look into that specific timer. Did you contact the manufacturer and complain?

• echdk3
                    echdk3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is there any chance you overloaded it? Also I looked at an Apollo timer and noticed it had no safety certification. I’m very curious about this as I am a real safety freak!

• Cloud
                    Cloud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can't remember which model sorry and no wasn't overloaded. I believe it could handle 1500 watts and I had less than 700

I use a smart power strip from KASA

It allows great timer control for each individual plug plus allows you to see exactly how much power is being drawn through each plug. Since it will connect wirelessly to your home WiFi, it knows exactly what time it is. If there is ever a power outage it will retain all the timer settings and keep the light schedule as you want it when the power is restored. 😁
                  There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                  1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                  2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                  3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• echdk3
                    echdk3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s a pretty wild power strip! Is there an app since it connects to your wifi? I would love to track my power usage and see it accumulate over time.

• aoxomoxoa
                    aoxomoxoa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    May I say...Fucking awesome!

I've used the electronic and the analog. By far better results with the analog. Any type that has the tabs you pop up/down to control on/off. Pro Tip: Have a spare. Seriously. All this shit breaks.
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• YYCannabis
                    YYCannabis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea. Spare timer, air pumps, and an extra fan is good to keep on hand. This shit breaks down at the worst times possible...always.

• aoxomoxoa
                    aoxomoxoa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Gluteous. That’s the kind I have. Not having success with those. May be op error.😔

I use an analog timer I picked up on Amazon. Hasn't failed me yet.
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

echdk3 here is a screen shot of the power consumption screen for the plug that powers my lights. It logs the last 30 days.
                    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• echdk3
                      echdk3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for sharing! That is so cool, right up my alley.

I use this it hasn’t failed me yet and it’s cheap https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...kaApcMEALw_wcB

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X