Nutrient schedule vs PPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient schedule vs PPM

Just got done watching a growing podcast that recommended 800-1200 PPM. I thought PPM was a measure of dissolved solids in your water (mostly salt?) and it was something you wanted to keep low? Also, how does one increase the PPM if the nutrient schedule results in lower PPM?

The PPM will be different to each individual brand of nutes. I’ll assume you’re talking about doing hydro grow. My brand of nutes will give me anywhere from 1100 to 1400 ppm depending what state of growth my plants are in.

Keeping an eye on the PPM daily can help you, or should I say, help your plant tell you if the solution is too weak or too strong.

Check your res everyday to monitor h2o level, pH, and PPM. Those 3 things will help guide you to what the plant wants.

see pic
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks YY,
      I read somewhere it's technically considered a hydro because it's not soil, but I'm growing in coco. Coco Loco to be precise. I'm using the FoxFarm trio. According to their schedule, for week 3 of veg I should be giving them 6 t. Big Bloom and 3 t. Grow Big /gal of water. Then the schedule lists a PPM range of 1750-1890. But when I mix my 6 and 3 teaspoons in one gal of distilled water, I only get around 614 PPM.

What am I missing here?

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        You're missing the kangaroot and micro brew that is why the Ppms are not hitting the chart numbers.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        How about calmag and Si?

Are you following a coco loco specific feeding regimen? CL is quite hot on it's own It has a fair amount of nutes already. Watch out for signs of nute lockout and or burn.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X