Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with rusty spots on leaves (autoflower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update: it’s coming along quite nicely, though this magnesium deficiency is a bit of a head scratcher for me, hoping someone might be able to offer some opinions or tips to correct it.
    So far, I have done cal-mag on my bloody skunk, and put Epsom salt to the amnesia haze and northern lights auto’s.

The bloody skunk is just nearing the end, and past it’s breeder suggested harvest time. So I’m feeling the yellowing is just yellowing off and nearing it’s end, so I have no concern there anymore.

My amnesia and northern lights both seem to be yellowing/spreading, so I’m thinking it’s a lockout or ph issue.. so I’ve tested my medium, and my water (pictures below) I used two different soil testers and tested my tap water (de-chlorinated) and natural.

PS. Still very new to organics, dry amendments and auto’s, so any advice is very appreciated! Thank you.

PSS. Turns out the Crystal Widow Auto, is crystal widow photoperiod.. so going to have to move her to my other flower tent when it’s harvested and had space. Hoping she doesn’t get much bigger until I get her in there

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update: I gave the bloody skunk and amnesia haze a low dose of cal-mag, and will be giving the northern lights auto some Epsom salt mixed in water to help correct the magnesium deficiency it’s developing.

I feel like I should do the same with Epsom salt to the amnesia haze and bloody skunk, but wanted to ask how that would go after giving it cal-mag a couple days ago.

Bloody skunk is looking quite yellow, I really should have topdressed a week sooner I think. Hoping everything bounces back and clicks into cruise control again.

Where did the amnesia haze come from? (I thought it was LSD auto but checked the seed pack and it was amnesia haze auto.. oops)

Leave a comment:

• ChadWestport
    replied
    Originally posted by PLreef View Post
    GreenAlchemist how are your plants doing? I ordered roots organic elemental calcium/magnesium and it came in today. I'm using it as a top dress feed. Hopefully my girls react well to it.
    I've used the exact same product and ran into a problem of the top dressing + water creating a hydrophobic layer aka a crust on the soil that didn't allow water to really soak in, it just kind of ran through the pot. If I were to do it again, I might scratch the top dressing into the soil a little to mix it before I watered. I hope you have better luck. The results themselves were good, I did like the benefit I saw in my plants from using it.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Update on bloody skunk auto: she is putting on some weight, really starting to show her darker colours. I don’t notice any rust spots getting worse or moving, but she is getting a lighter green as she gets more purple.
    I notice that the new growth is still healthy and green/purple, just the exposed larger fan leaves are showing these signs.

update on northern lights auto: large and in flower, starting to show some yellow leaves below the canopy, but everything else seems to be going great. Top-dressed yesterday for week 3 of flower.

update on LSD auto: well.. she seems to love the environment and is getting a little taller than I expected, wasn’t expecting her to get so big! No deficiencies, just on cruise control and moving forwards (hoping the flowering pre-stretch is over as topping 4ft currently)

last but not least,
    crystal widow auto: she is doing fantastic, lush green, big leaves and gettin fat. However, it’s going into week 6 of veg, With no signs of pistols. I’m starting to think it’s photoperiod and not autoflower. What do you guys think?

photos:
    1,2,3,4 - bloody skunk auto
    5-6-7 - northern lights auto
    8-9 - LSD auto
    10-11 - crystal widow (auto?)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    Hope they react well to the new mix, Let me know how it works for you, I’ll be checking that stuff out for sure for future grows! I’m hoping to keep this all 100% organic

• PLreef
    replied
    GreenAlchemist how are your plants doing? I ordered roots organic elemental calcium/magnesium and it came in today. I'm using it as a top dress feed. Hopefully my girls react well to it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChadWestport
    replied
    Top dressings usually take a bit longer than a liquid nutrient to become bio-available to the plant. Quick fixes I usually order as - Foliar, liquid nutes, dry amendments.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    just like i commented above, main issue is calcium and its probably due to low ph, adding dolomite as a top dress can raise the cal mag concentration too high and create a new set of problems, organic soil grows are based on complicated relationships between fungi bacteria and plants, this issues are adressed with liquid nutrients for this run and then make changes to the next batch of soil, dolomite should be mixed into the soil, i dont really know what exactly you need to do to balance your soil because i dont know whats in it. but i think your best chances are to feed some liquid calmag at normal dose and raising the ph of the solution to 7 using baking soda for a few weeks until its time to flush.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Here’s an update / photos post of how she’s doing.

The other day I top-dressed 1 tbsp of dolomite lime, a dash of mycorrhizae and watered in with blackstrap molasses water. (I checked all my nutrients and it’s lacking cal-mag. Also I know I’m missing calcium with growing in coco, So I wanted to make sure there was a source in my soil.)

I don’t feel it’s potassium as I top-dressed Dec 19th with 40% 4-4-4 and 60% 2-8-4 (2tbsp per gallon) A cup of worm castings and mycorrhizae.
    I feel if it is potassium I should have caught it well in time with the recent top dressing, but maybe not enough?

However I’m noticing a much lighter green on lower fan leaves, little yellowing between leaf veins, the rust spots don’t seem to be getting worse but I do notice on a few more leaves (lower)

I know many feel it’s a Ph issue but I haven’t ever needed to Ph up or down it (as it sits around 6.2 naturally after dechlorination) I’ve heard it’s not so beneficial to swing Ph with organic live soil etc. So I’ve left it that way (I feel I should mention the other 3 auto’s have none of these issues with the water)

should I be top-dressing her every 2 weeks instead of 3 to avoid deficiency? Any advice or comment is very appreciated
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    I use to do the same all the time, trust me. They both start with P dammit! In my head, I connected the P to the color Purple, which your leaves will get if you lack Phosphorus. P - purple - phosphorus

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    LOL...I can’t believe i did that. Damn that medicine i grow is good. 😂

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    P is phosphorus, K is potassium

• YYCannabis
    replied
    It’s potassium deficiency as i mentioned earlier.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    My girls reacted really well to the molasses. Perked up in a couple hours. Very healthy looking.
    I came across this. Elemental Powdered Calmag by Roots Organics 0.25-0-0.1
    Goes well with growing organic and as a top dress like the other dry amendments your using. Im gonna order up a bag myself.
    Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Hoping this works! Today I picked up some dolomite lime, and top dressed her with 1 tablespoon, then scratched in and watered with around 6.2 Ph water dechlorinated, which was mixed with a tablespoon of black strap molasses. I’m hoping this helps solve this little problem (I hesitate to say its only a Ph problem as everything gets the same soil/amendments/water/treatment, and this is the only with these issues) but I am slightly raising the Ph
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X