Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with rusty spots on leaves (autoflower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. This is the same guide I've been following.

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Originally posted by PLreef View Post
    GreenAlchemist, how often to you add dry amendments during flower and how much. Im just learning myself.
    Here is the little guide I use for ratio etc.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    During week 5 (from sprout) Is when I like to first top dress for flower
    I put a 50-50 ratio of 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 in (2Tbsp per gallon on medium) so in total with the 3 gallon pot, 3 tablespoons of 4-4-4 and 3 of 2-8-4. After I scratch that into the surface I add a cup of worm castings and a dusting of mycorrhizae and mix in again, then water in carefully (to ensure it soaks in and doesn’t just float to the top)

In 3 weeks from when I last top dressed, I’ll do it again with 2 tablespoons per gallon, but with a 30/70 ratio (30% - 444, 70% - 284) along with worm castings and mycorrhizae again.
    I’ve been using a small guide for Gaia Green I found Online to help me remember ratios etc, I’ll include it below.
    I hope the bloody skunks in your grow are doing awesome!

• ChadWestport
    replied
    If it's not calcium deficient, I'd like to go with Phosphorus deficient for $200 please

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    GreenAlchemist, how often to you add dry amendments during flower and how much. Im just learning myself.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    commented on 's reply
    It’s true the cal-mag nutrient solutions are a no go for organic, however there are some organic alternatives that can offer cal-mag organically. Dolomite lime is one I intend to add into my amendments, (can’t believe I forgot to have that added before) it can raise the Ph of soil so it’s recommended you monitor that.
    I’ve heard of others alternatives like oyster shell powder, but I can’t seem to find that locally where I am.

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    Is cal-mag part of an organic solution? I'm running living soil in my current grow and read that cal-mag is no go on organic grows.

Leave a comment:

• GreenAlchemist
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the advice! It’s my first time going fully organic and with dry amendments, after reading these comments I’m now realizing I left out calmag.
    I’m planning on picking up some dolomite lime to help with it, unless there is another organic product/method that is more recommended. I’d like to help keep the microbiology in my medium thriving, so I want to avoid any chemical nutrients.

the bottom leaves seem to be unaffected, but also the new growth does not seem to be either anymore, I’ll make sure to slightly raise Ph for the Organics. I’m hoping with the Ph raise that it will unlock the calcium it does get from my water source.

(PS: I should mention that I do the same to all 4 auto’s in my tent, and only for the bloody skunk seems to be lacking calcium, though I’ll make sure this issue doesn’t arise in the others as well)

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    I'm growing bloody skunk autos as well. Also fully organic, gaia green dry amendments too. I noticed small rusty spots started appearing around week 3 or 4. I started adding cal/mag into my water and it seemed to stop it from getting any worse.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    Thats probably a side effect. Main issue is calcium. They been watered with plain water? Ph is too low for "organice" feeding, that could also be the problem

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Leaves with a potassium deficiency have yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. It may look like nutrient burn, but the leaf margins also turn yellow.

Since you’re well into flowering, it looks to me like a potassium issue. If it’s *ONLY* on older leaves, you may have already beat it. If it’s on *NEW* growth you need to up your ‘P’ a bit.

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    I didn't read how much Calmag supplement you give your harem. My first two grows, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I kept getting these spots, similar to yours. The problem was in the software...between my ears. I read Nebula's guide for coco-coir but neglected to add enough for TWO gallons. Once I corrected, no issues.

We're a bit different. I'm lazy, just going by what GWE recommended and not worrying too much. It's a journey, right? I hope this helps and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Leave a comment:

• Need help with rusty spots on leaves (autoflower)

I’ve been noticing some rusty spots developing on The leaves of my Bloody Skunk autoflower, And it’s starting to concern me (as this is the one I’m most excited for).

Some info about the grow:

Fully organic with dry amendments.

The plant is in a 3 gallon fabric pot with coco coir amended with Gaia Green 4-4-4, and 2-8-4, perlite, worm castings and mycorrhizae.

Day 38; top dressed for flower with 50-50 blend of Gaia green 444 and 284 (2 Tbsp per gallon) a cup of worm castings and A dusting of mycorrhizae. Watering in slowly with a Ph of 5.8 - 6.2

Temp and Rh is optimal, but had to raise the light up as it stretched within 12” of the light. It’s still a little closer than I feel I’d like, but I’ve run out of raising room.

I’ve included photos of the plant, and of the amendments I’m using (as well as what I have available in my arsenal to use)
    if anyone has any familiarity with organic growing in coco / organic dry amendments, I’d love to hear your feedback!
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X