5 years growing and loving it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL 5 years growing and loving it

So my two plants that I am growing now are ric flair and skunk #1, the ric flair is my own breeding and a very enjoyable smoke,(this one is a cutting), the other plant is skunk #1 and is recovering from a few different problems, so another two weeks until she is ready. I fixed the problems of aphids and some leaf burn, as well as a PH fluctuation, fun times. Laughs. I will post more in a week.

I'm at the same place: SOIL for years. This last grow I tried living soil and I'm not sure it's worth it. BTW: Ric Flair is a great name for a strain.

Comment

I tried something called "Just Natural" and I am not happy with it at all, I am going back to happy frog.

Comment

When you hit the Ric Flair do you have to go WHHOOOOO!!! on the exhale? 😄

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Then strut across the room

• Ace1973
        Ace1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is why I named it ric flair,

Good luck with your grow stheres nothing wrong with soil it gets the job dune with mo fancy hasle

Comment

• Ace1973
        Ace1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        I prefer happy frog, just a better balance

Ric flair is kicking ass, while my skunk is on a slow recovery, I added some nutes to boost the soil and so far so good.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah for the Ric looks like she's just exploding i dig it

• Ace1973
        Ace1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        the problem is with the soil, it does not have enough nutes, or atleast not enough trace nutrients, anyways, ff happy frog is good stuff, the just natural was not up to the job, 2 different bags, same results.

as everyone can see there has been improvement, with limited space I can not veg the skunk #1 longer. I forgot to give my growing statistics as well, My tent is 4x4x7, two duct fans, 400 watt hps, fox farms happy frog soil, and I am using grow bags for pots, I flipped to 12/12 about 1 week and the stretch is going. The problem with my grow was the soil, I tried to cut corners with cheaper stuff, it caused massive problems and I switched back to happy frog, lesson learned.

Comment

found out the skunk #1 was a male, pissed me off, atleast my ric flair is in its second week of flowering and doing well.

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that just sucks. Have you ever tried determining sex at an early stage per the GWE article? I just purchased some regular seeds and was wondering how accurate it is.

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          it was supposed to be feminized seeds, in fact, this was the second male I found.

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          the article is accurate, you will find a lot of people on here with years of experience.

so to give some perspective, this is a cutting and not from seed. So it is three weeks old, very healthy and should in theory go through flower quicker than it's mother which was from seed. I have taken a cutting and shall make several others so I can get feminized pollen so I can have seeds, in fact this plant was a happy accident from another time, I have long since mastered colloidal silver treatments and have thousands of seeds, this one was a rarity.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145605.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	486386Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145616.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	486387Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145611.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	486388 so my girl is doing well at four weeks old...my pics are done during the dark cycle as they looked like shit during the light phase, as you can see Ric Flair is a frosty breed.

Comment

So I have little nitrogen deficiency that I am correcting right now with some regular grow nutes, otherwise my girl is healthy at five weeks and has shown some red pistils already. Ric Flair is a hungry plant and needs more nutes than most of my others. Going into week six is exciting, yet not week six yet, this is where I will see the buds grow substantially. I am using cal/mag 1 mL, Dyna grow bloom 2mL, and dynagor foliage pro 1mL.

Comment

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              You are too far into flowering, don't give them any more nitrogen.

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              I kind of figured that, even though it is five weeks, I gave a little, should not harm anything, looks like I only have about three weeks left with this strain anyways

this strain has a nice pace of growth, the buds are swelling and it is only six weeks old!

Comment

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you both SoOrbudgal / Sudsnbuds, I really worked hard to keep this strain going, and I know it is a hungry strain that loves nutes. the first grow from seed did not go well, I tried a different soil that I should have amended and put perlite in, my mistake, I like the quick and easy, (fox farms happy frog), to doing it myself, the results are always nice, and thanks again I appreciate all that are watching.
              Last edited by Ace1973; 02-11-2021, 03:08 PM.

• Sudsnbuds
              Sudsnbuds commented
              Editing a comment
              If you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man. Its cool that you were able to make a seemingly stable looking strain. I’d try to grow it outside.

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              someday i will grow outside, now is not the time as i have so much more to learn and understand.

day 49 or week seven of flower phase, getting near the end for Indica dominant hybrid, at most I still have two weeks left as the pistils are starting to turn rusty red and curl in. I have been feeding dyno gro bloom 3 mL and 1 mL of cal/mag all my feedings up until last week, last watering, last time I used water and have stopped feeding as I want her to start turning soon. so for the next 10 to 14 days I am using only water. I have used soft ties to keep my branches from leaning.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Love it great job Ace1973 those look great it's all going to happen soon, enjoy the fragrances

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal already getting a whiff now and it is making me pace with anticipation, it smells like pineapple and that strong pungent earthy smell with a little pine in the background.

I harvested last night, unsure of weight as of yet and will announce when done

Comment

• Sudsnbuds
              Sudsnbuds commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good!

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              smokes well, took some cuts

Final entry, I harvested a little over two and a half ounces, my verdict is to start over again, even though the nodes were medium length, the buds were to small, the high was nice, yet not the orbit lifting effect I was looking for. Still a nice smoke and something I may yet cross with another strain. Thanks to al who viewed my post, I have started another grow, Tutankahmon by pyramid seeds, it is my favorite strain, I will yield double what I got from ric flair.
            Last edited by Ace1973; 03-04-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice!! You got some huge buds in them pre-harvest pics. Great work. I guess if Tutankahmon and Ric Flair got in a wrestling match, Tut would crush him. Great job on the grow!!!

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks jeffincanada the tut is going well, I would do another grow diarie but I think that there is enough of them on here

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X