Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace1973
    replied
    this strain has a nice pace of growth, the buds are swelling and it is only six weeks old!

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I kind of figured that, even though it is five weeks, I gave a little, should not harm anything, looks like I only have about three weeks left with this strain anyways

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    You are too far into flowering, don't give them any more nitrogen.

• Ace1973
    replied
    So I have little nitrogen deficiency that I am correcting right now with some regular grow nutes, otherwise my girl is healthy at five weeks and has shown some red pistils already. Ric Flair is a hungry plant and needs more nutes than most of my others. Going into week six is exciting, yet not week six yet, this is where I will see the buds grow substantially. I am using cal/mag 1 mL, Dyna grow bloom 2mL, and dynagor foliage pro 1mL.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145605.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	486386Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145616.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	486387Click image for larger version

Name:	20210130_145611.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	486388 so my girl is doing well at four weeks old...my pics are done during the dark cycle as they looked like shit during the light phase, as you can see Ric Flair is a frosty breed.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    so to give some perspective, this is a cutting and not from seed. So it is three weeks old, very healthy and should in theory go through flower quicker than it's mother which was from seed. I have taken a cutting and shall make several others so I can get feminized pollen so I can have seeds, in fact this plant was a happy accident from another time, I have long since mastered colloidal silver treatments and have thousands of seeds, this one was a rarity.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    the article is accurate, you will find a lot of people on here with years of experience.

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    it was supposed to be feminized seeds, in fact, this was the second male I found.

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Now that just sucks. Have you ever tried determining sex at an early stage per the GWE article? I just purchased some regular seeds and was wondering how accurate it is.

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    My comment was a response to Peter’s comment about wondering if the living soil he used was worth it.

In my case, I found a coupon online for NLS at 10% off with free shipping. I bought 10 lbs. because the cost was far less then the 5 lb. bag. Per instructions, 2.25 lbs NLS treats one of my 1.5 cu ft bags of plain organic potting soil.

So at the current price of $63 for 10 lbs.
    $63 - 10% = $57 w/free shipping (packages have 10% off next purchase code)
    $57 treats 4.45 bags ($14.25 per bag)

I treated 4 bags for my 4 plant grow in 7 gallon pots and have been using the .45 lb. for top feeding and compost tea per instructions. No other nutrients, accept seaweed extract for stress relief have been used.

They state you can reused the treated soil as your plain potting soil on next grows, saving even more money with not needing to buy new soil and just treating a portion for making more living soil.

This living soil is loaded with good stuff and is supposed to make all organic, fragrant, great tasting weed.

The idea behind super soil;
    There’s nothing that compares to the flavor of properly grown organic pot: The subtle tastes and aromas created by using only “Mother Earth” are
    Last edited by MrPNW; 01-18-2021, 10:50 AM.

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I make my grows simple and cheap, I do not have a lot of resources to do super soil or build a soil, the whole point of my grows is to make it the bare minimum.

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    it was bought, called just natural

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Just curious, was your living soil, home made or bought?
    I’m only on my first grow (01 Oct) and after making the blunder of growing in 3 gallons of plain organic potting soil (yeah don’t ask) I scrambled to transplant into a 7 gallon pot surrounding the entire content of the 3 gallons with this company’s living soil recipe and it saved my butt. I should have just done the super soil recipe for even more nutrients.

In the 3 gallons my plants just stopped growing, after transplanting they took right off, turning dark green and became luscious. I flipped to 12/12 on 01 Jan. I think I would have saved a month of vegging had I started living soil right from the start.

For my next grow I’m hoping to do the super soil 1/3, living soil 2/3 and large Solo cup plain organic in center of a 7 gallon from start. If I upgrade to the AQUAValve5 for watering, I hope to have very little to do.

• Ace1973
    replied
    found out the skunk #1 was a male, pissed me off, atleast my ric flair is in its second week of flowering and doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    as everyone can see there has been improvement, with limited space I can not veg the skunk #1 longer. I forgot to give my growing statistics as well, My tent is 4x4x7, two duct fans, 400 watt hps, fox farms happy frog soil, and I am using grow bags for pots, I flipped to 12/12 about 1 week and the stretch is going. The problem with my grow was the soil, I tried to cut corners with cheaper stuff, it caused massive problems and I switched back to happy frog, lesson learned.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X