Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Tent, Perpetual Monthly Harvest, Auto-Flower Grow Journal (canna, coco, LED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTB, sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with training. Hopefully your girl will overcome this and later give you some joy. Yes, I rely heavily on my glasses to do the fine tuning of my autos. Fortunately my cats don't have access and can't be trained LOL! Just remember all the valuable lessons about plants and yourself that you are learning with your grows! 🌻
    On a different note...I saw a question you had about the tie downs for training and how they popped up. I wanted to show you a pic of the bent wires that I use (pen included for scale). The angle, when pushed into the medium, prevents them from pulling back up, and they can always be pushed further deeper as the training continues. These have worked super for my last 2 grows and I wanted to suggest as an alternative to the softer rapidclip wires.
    Best wishes for future progress! 🌿
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      What rockman said so well

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rockman, yeah live and learn

Thanks so much for the pic of your "staples," very helpful greatly appreciated. I'll try again with some different wire and your suggested V shape.
      I must say the stem seemed to snap really easily. I've done some pretty tough training of photos before but never autos, or quite this early on. This is also the first time I've veg'd under LED.

Hi all, day 27 for the Bubble and Mystic today, and day 0.5 for Mystic #2. Had some challenges this week but the ladies survived me

2-17-17 thru 2-19-17 Bubble and Mystic doing great. Mystic #2 seed seemed to have popped in its soak but despite daily spritzing and rim watering nothing seemed to be happening in her solo cup mounted in a 3gal fabric pot.

2-20-17 DAY 24 Moved Roleandro down to 19" over Mystic #2 but still nothing. Fed Bubble & Mystic 1 gall with Veg I nutes plus 3ml CalMag, 5.9 Ph, run-off 5.9 Ph. 51%/61% 70/81.

2-21-17 DAY 25 Fail day (see above), snapped two stems off the Bubble trying to tie her down, taped one stem up but the other was snapped clean off. I was surprised how brittle the stems were. As you can see in the below pics this is my second mistake ... I topped the Mystic too early and you can see in the pics how this led to a split stem.

2-22-17 DAY 26 Mystic#2 finally popped, I had almost given up on her, 6 full days to rise out of the medium. Watered around the rim of the solo cup. As you can see below the seed casing is still on so I'm not calling Day 1 on this yet. I've learned from experience not to mess with the seed casing but just let it work itself off. I tried removing one once and killed the seedling (see, I can learn from my mistakes at least ). Mystic and Bubble doing good, and thankfully the bubble seems unperturbed by its mauling yesterday. 47%/71% 70/79

The last pic is of 4 seedlings from 6 Nirvana mystery seeds I germinated in jiffy pellets under CFLs this week. These 4 popped early (2-3 days) and the tap root pushed out of the peat jiffy pellets quickly so they went straight into solos. One more of 6 has popped, the final seed is still a no show. These seedlings are for a friend who is going to try her first outdoor grow up in Santa Cruz this year.
    Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 02-23-2017, 02:30 PM.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Nice pics and update BTB! 🌿I think Bubbles and Mystic will recover...these cannabis plants seem to have a built in resiliency to our manipulation, good and bad! 😊 And Mystic 2 is going to get such special treatment from you after learning from the others LOL. Good things come to the patient and determined! 🐸
      Recent grows...

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Editing a comment
        Thanks rockman, onward and upward.

Dude great journal........I always enjoy reading your updates......watch that shell casing mate, I only say this because I had one stay on and I left it, thinking it would work it's own way off......it didn't......it stayed on the cotyledons tips, keeping them together and the first single finger leaves popped out the side.....I got it off with a toothpick and the seedling was fine.....maybe it would have got it off eventually,but I figured sooner is better than later....🌱🌿🌲🌳😀😀
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Vapo, I'm certainly going to keep a watch on that seed but after waiting 6 days for it to pop and my "rough play gone wrong" with the Bubble this week I'm feeling cautious

I'm trying to decide when to move onto the next nutes stages of my Canna schedule. I think my next watering will be plain water and maybe on the next feed I'll jump to veg ii which adds Boost and bit more A+B but marks the switch to 12/12 for photo periods according to their schedule.

This puts my evolving guesstimate Canna schedule for auto flowers at:

Start/Rooting (week 1)
        Vegetative I (week 2 & 3) -- plant develops
        Vegetative II (week 4) -- veg stagnation to early flower
        Generative I (week 5 & 6) -- flowering stretch and fruit growth
        Generative II (week 7 ) -- flower breadth
        Generative III (week 8) -- flower weight
        Generative IV (week 9) -- flower ripening

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude...I am having trouble with the wording on the canna guide......I am watching one girl for the start of gen 2, it's driving me absolutely bonkers, that's when you use the pk13/14, I don't want to miss it lol😀

hey BTB, looking good!! even with your "stupid thumbs" intervening.... i think what Rock said, but i know that only from reading not from experience...lol

hey, re the seed casing coming off, i have had both happen so i did some reading so as to as you say learn from my mistakes.....
      i think, at 6 days, you might consider getting a look at the innards if you can. i can't tell from the pic but is the casing split? if so, if you could get a look at the protocotyledons, using, say, a dental mirror or a good light and a really tiny piece of glass, and, if they are medium to dark green they're ready and may need your assistance... if still palish vanilla colored, then not yet ready. at least according to stuff i've read...
      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Waiting at DMV sux.

Sometimes if you wet the seed casing with a drop of water or sprayer, it will soften and fall off. After they soften, the spritz of water will knock it right off.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Thanks DK, I eased off half of the husk last night, then popped off the other half this morning. Today is now DAY 1 for Mystic 2.

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats🌱🌿🌲🌳😀😀

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          It took your encouragement Vapo
          Thanks

Hi all, been a good week but I've struggled with a lack of humidity because it's been a bit chilly and the heating has been on (okay it's been 62 degrees, sorry, I used to be able to do weather but I acclimatized). It's a wonder I got any gardening done this week what with the release of Horizon Zero Dawn

On the humidity and temp issue, it's intrinsic in my "perpetual" plan that my plants aren't always going to get the ideal environment. Once I'm in full swing I'll have a seedling, an early flower, and a nearly finished plant all sharing the same tent and conditions. I use the tubs under my plants to help add humidity and I'll use the AC once it gets hot again here, but manipulating humidity and temps for different stages of growth is gonna be mostly beyond me. Mystic #2 is still in it's buried solo cup, so I've been watering the main pot's coir in the hope of adding some extra local humidity for the seedling.

Growth has been good this week and the bubble seems to have recovered fully from it's stupid thumbs mauling a few weeks ago.

2-23-17 DAY 27 Trimmed a couple of fans from the very bushy Mystic, I'm being really cautious with this one after my Bubble mishaps. I went back to my old training method using binder clips on the edge of my pots and softwire to simply spread the 4 main branches. I watered with plain 5.6 Ph water, I vacillated over doing this as Canna recommends against plain watering. 26%/48% 68/79

2-24-17 DAY 28/1 Thanks to all your encouragement and advice I eased the seed shell off Mystic #2 and I'm calling today Day 1 for my second Mystic. As noted above I watered the main pot's coir to try and add local humidity for the Mystic 2 seedling in its buried solo cup. 26%/65% 68/79

2-26-17 DAY 30/3 Watered Mystic #2 around the rim of the solo cup. Bubble and Mystic seem to be drinking at different rates, the bubble's pot was still heavy but Mystic was ready for a feed. I'm on Canna's Veg II stage now so 8.6 A+B plus rhizo, zym, and now boost at 8ml/gal, 5.9 Ph. In 3 gal fabric pots and coir each plant takes about 1/2 gallon to water to runoff. Left with half a gallon of nutes I just store the leftover in black plastic food grade jugs. I find that using Ph Down my Ph hardly slips for up to a week or more of storing nute solution. I'm into week 5 with the Bubble showing its flowers now, so I decided to flip the flower switch on my P300. Bubble and Mystic are now sharing the full 185W. Later in flowering I'll add my 90W DormGrow red UFO. 41%/63% 68/79

2-27-17 DAY 31/4 Gave the very bushy Mystic a good trim, just removing fans that are blocking growth tips. Fed the Bubble the leftover nutes from yesterday, Ph eaxctly as it was yesterday 5.9. haven't noticed any negative from the extra light which is good. 46%/68% 70/81

2-28-17 DAY 32/5 Mystic drinking well but I'm gonna give her a day, don't want her to get soggy. 47%/63% 73/82

3-1-17 DAY 33/6 Made some plain 5.8 Ph water for Mystic #2. I always make a full gallon and store some in a light tight container, some in a spray bottle for spritzing, and then whatever is left over to add water to tubs to increase humidity. Made veg II nute solution for Mystic and fed her 5.7 Ph, as before saved 2nd half in black jug for the less thirsty Bubble. The Bubble seems to be fully recovered and now showing early flowers. I did a very light trim of the Bubble, 5 fans and 1 poorly placed growth tip. To give you an idea of how adding water to the tubs raises humidity, my ambient humidity is in the low 30s, adding half a gallon of water to the tub raised my tent humidity from 36% to 42% in 5 minutes, then to 48% in 8 hours.

Roll on the stretch!

What are your thought on plain waterings?
        I've noticed Green75 doesn't do them but Nebula is (famously) a proponent. Canna suggests that it will mess up the delicate balance of your medium, but they're selling nutes...

Anyone have any other ideas for balancing temps and humidity in one small tent with 3 plants all at different stages of life?

N.B. My final pic -- not all seeds are created equal -- I've been growing out some Nirvana mystery seeds under CFL for a friend's first grow experiments. Of 6 seeds, 4 popped as expected, one did nothing at all in 2 weeks, and this weird little monster took nearly 2 weeks to break out of the jiffy pellet and is just really slow weird growth.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          I guess my adaptation of the Canna schedule is changing a bit too. They schedule for SOG photos, and I'm trying to intuit/guess how that schedule maps onto autoflowers:

Start/Rooting (week 1)
          Vegetative I (week 2 & 3) -- plant develops
          Vegetative II (week 4 & 5) -- veg stagnation to early flower
          Generative I (week 6 & 7) -- flowering stretch and fruit growth
          Generative II (week 8 ) -- flower breadth
          Generative III (week 9) -- flower weight
          Generative IV (week 10) -- flower ripening

hey BTB, glad to hear bubble recovered from The Night of the Stupid Thumbs!! like you noting how much humidity can be raised by putting water in your tubs, i have been pleasantly surprised by how much i am able to raise mine by putting a fully saturated bath towel just simply hanging from the rod that my lights hang from. if i want to get extra crazy i set it up near the fan so that it dries more quickly. really raises the RH and fast! if you want to try it out on a semi-permanent basis i suggest setting up some sort of bottom reservoir that the bottom of the towel rests/remains in. this reduces the number of times you have to rewet the towel but more importantly, at least for me, it prevents the towel from swinging around depending on where fans are and how high they are set. it also makes it super easy to rewet the whole thing and just leave. like i come in, towel is almost dry, i take clothes hanger to which i have firmly attached towel, dunk it in the reservoir (in my case a plain plastic bucket), then just put it right back--1 minute tops.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Hi Bob, great idea with the towel, thanks. Homemade wicking humdifier -- brilliant.
          I think I may try that as a way to both protect my seedling stage position from the fan a bit while raising humidity for that spot too.

• bobsakamoto
          bobsakamoto commented
          Editing a comment
          great idea!! i'm totally gonna do that when i start trying to clone. thanks!

Great update dude.....IDK about the plain waterings, I've just recently learned this myself and I'm still not sure lol.....read a lot of new info about coco recently.......have to have a think about it🌲🌱🌿🌳😀
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          We need an experimental method type on this forum.
          A scientist to help all us old heads get over our gut feelings and intuitions.

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely......i got a head full of ideas to try out lol 😀😀

• bobsakamoto
          bobsakamoto commented
          Editing a comment
          i have dreamt of playing that scientist role--i'd do it in a heartbeat if it didn't mean the diff btw not-felony and felony.

Great update BTB. Mystic 2 is a cutie, both Bubbles and Mystic are looking strong and ready to get flowering nicely! As mentioned by Bob, I've also hung wet towels (mostly in vegetative stage) to increase humidity during dry winter indoor conditions. Also when I was growing in coco and using GO trio schedule, I tried skipping the plain watering on one grow, and found halfway through that the plant was growing too large for my liking (this was prior to learning some strong training techniques), so I went back to alternate nutes. Not sure how you should proceed with your grows, since you seem to be on top of the training.
        Keep them rolling along! 😊🌿
        Recent grows...

Comment

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good info rock..thanks dude

Very excited...

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

EXCITED 4 U!!!! When do you germ?
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Was able to find Sour bubbly ....sounds divine! 24kt always rings well. Can't find Beary white but a cross between Blueberry and White widow is a solid. If it were me...sour bubbly . What fun!

• Beach_Town_Brit
            Editing a comment
            Beary White is 3 Bears OG F4 x Walter White F4, a cross of two of their other strains.
            I also got some free seeds labelled Sour Bubbly Cush so we'll have to see what that is too. Great to get auto freebies with an auto order.

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! You will be having fun!!!!!

Been a good week this week, both bubble and mystic are growing well. Bob and Rockman turned me onto a wet towel to raise humidity so I've been doing that. However, I'm going to let the humidity drop a bit from now on as bubble and mystic move into flower. Bubble is well into flower, but although Mystic is starting to stretch, and she's bushy as all get out, she isn't budding quite yet. Mystic #2 is doing very well, and I cut her out of her solo cup a couple of days earlier than her older sisters.

3-2-17 DAY 34 / 7 Humidity was about 36% so I added a wet towel draped over my pepper frame. Within 10 minutes humidity was up to 46%, 3 hours later 49%. Ambient humidity is in the 30s.

3-3-17 DAY 35 / 8 Watered Mystic #2 plain water. Bubble & Mystic shared a gallon of 5.9 Ph Veg II solution. Re-soaked towel. 30%/51% 73/84

3-4-17 DAY 36 / 9 Gave Mystic a light trim, I'm leaving her bushy intentionally to see how lighter defoliation works for the Mystic -- it's all about the experimentation Some light burn on the tips of Bubble so I moved my light up to 19.5" from the canopy. Hopefully this also gives both plants some motivation to stretch. 35%/66% 72/84

3-5-17 DAY 37 / 10 Watered Mystic #2 plain water. Cut the solo cup away from Mystic 2. Got some stretch from Bubble and Mystic, rotated them both 180. Took 7 fans off the bubble, and a few lower fans from the Mystic. 38%/64% 70/84

3-6-17 DAY 38 / 11 Mystic is drinking more than Bubble right now. Fed Mystic with leftover half gallon veg II nutes that I'd stored in black plastic jug, Ph had moved up from 5.9 to 6.0 in a week of storage. Made gallon of veg I nutes for Mystic #2, saved half, fed half.

3-7-17 DAY 39 / 12 Fed bubble 6.0 Ph Veg II nutes, saved extra. 53%/73% 72/82. Was watching Jorge Cervantes this week and pro grower in big Denver facility said he like to raise temps into teh mid 80s in early flower, so I thought I'd try it and raised my Titan fan controller up a few degrees to a target of 84 during the "day."

3-8-17 DAY 40 / 13 Fed Mystic with leftover veg II nutes from yesterday. You can't see it in the pic but under the LEDs with my grow tent glasses on I see some color variation in the Bubble's leaves, I'll add some CalMag next feed I think. I moved the towel over to the Mystic #2 side of the tent to try and add some humidity there but not so directly to bubble and mystic. 37%/61% 79/86

It's occurred to me that my tent is backwards, my teen under the Roleandro is next to the fan where the bigger plants should be. When I get some time I'll re-jig my tent and swap the lights. I also need to start preparing for hotter weather, I think I'm going to try a homemade swamp cooler. Hopefully, no-one will notice but I may have got a bit confused with my day count between my notebook, the photos, and this journal -- sorry

As a final pic, my girlfriend got a clip on macro lens thing for our phones so I tried it out on one of the Mystery seeds I'm growing out under CFL right now.

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            They have ...diamonds on the soles of their shoes 👠 !!!!

Sweet...Bubble has really pushed out some nice flowers! And Mystic is looking strong and ready for action. Great to see this progress! 😊
          Recent grows...

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Rockman, I hope I get some more height in the coming weeks, these autos are fun and keep you on your toes, but I hope they don't end up being too small.

• rockman
            rockman commented
            Editing a comment
            I have noticed on mine that the last few weeks of flowering can really bring some great changes in the height and density of buds. Stay tuned! 🐸

• Beach_Town_Brit
            Editing a comment
            Following you every step

WooHooooo!!! nicely done!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X